The DeSo Foundation is backed by Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, Social Capital, TQ Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, PolyChain, Pantera, and many others. Our mission is to decentralize social media the same way Bitcoin and Ethereum are decentralizing the financial system.
We are looking for a motivated and talented individual to oversee the portfolio of apps building on top of the DeSo protocol, with a focus on our “Octane Fund” investments & development grant teams.
As part of our inaugural cohort, weâve invested in 16 projects, committing over $10M into early-stage founders whoâve aligned their mission around helping the DeSo blockchain grow and succeed.
In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with these founders to provide guidance around product-market fit, community building, and integration within the DeSo protocol. Youâll have tremendous autonomy to shape the vision, growth and success of our app ecosystem.
Weâre an ambitious crew, and firmly believe that we can play a significant role in building the future of social and Web3. In order to achieve our vision, we believe that it is up to others to help build our app ecosystem in a true decentralized fashion.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
– 5+ years of experience working in a product-related function
– Track record of building and launching a successful product from scratch (could be either inside a company or your own startup)
– Deep empathy and understanding for early-stage startup founders
– Baseline level of understanding of Web3 protocols and primitives
– Bonus: Experience launching products on a blockchain protocol/ecosystem
– Bonus: Experience at a Layer-1 blockchain company
– Bonus: Experience working inside of a startup accelerator, incubator or studio.
The all-star candidate will be able to:
– Build a mentorship, advisory & investor network to support our early-stage founders
– Define the program structure and cadence for an accelerator-like program to support current founders and alumni
– Develop expectations & objectives to measure progress, satisfaction and engagement across the fund
– Report on app ecosystem activity and keep track of cohort success on a monthly or quarterly basis
What we offer:
– An incredible view of the inner workings of a high-growth Layer-1 blockchain company.
– Networking opportunities to some of the top investment firms in the world.
– Top of the market competitive salaries, with the option to get paid in crypto.
– Flexible and autonomous remote culture. Weâre not very big on meetings and managers.
– Quarterly offsites with the entire team, so far weâve been to LA, Austin & NYC.
– Healthcare stipends so you can get premium insurance.
– A $25K referral bonus if you bring your most talented friends onboard.
Learn about the Octane Fund:
Read our announcement post for our first cohort:
Today, social media is even more centralized than the financial industry was prior to the creation of Bitcoin. A handful of private companies effectively control public discourse, and earn monopoly profits off of content that they don’t even create. Meanwhile, the creators who actually produce this content are underpaid, under-engaged, and under-monetized thanks to an outdated ads-driven business model. In addition to all of this, the ads-driven business model prevents external developers from innovating or building apps on top of it, and gives users and creators no choice but to continue using apps that solely they control.
We believe all of these problems can be solved by decentralizing social media in the same way Bitcoin and Ethereum are decentralizing the financial system. If we can start putting social media content into a public blockchain we can create an economy of scale around that blockchain that is powerful enough to rival, and ultimately surpass, what the traditional social media giants have created.
Enter DeSo, or “decentralized social.”
The future of crypto does not consist of a single general-purpose blockchain that rules them all, but rather a series of dominant, specialized blockchains, each tailored to a particular category of applications. DeSo represents a more than two-year effort to create a blockchain capable of decentralizing the social media category, and we believe it presents the first clear path to solving the existing problems that plague social media today.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/237761→