Interested in DeFi? Heard about it but want to know more?
We are looking for a rockstar Backend Engineer to help us build our products.Â This is an opportunity to be involved from the ground up on the core design and implementation of a brand newÂ new DeFi fintech system. By leveraging decentralised finance, weâre building a revolutionary product to enable everyone to get more from their money.Â As a key member of our engineering team you will be responsible for implementing and designing back end systems for an excitingÂ brand new fintech product.
Weâre bringing expertise from building a world-leading challenger bank to the blockchain. We believe there is a change happening for the better in the world of financial technology, and are building a critical piece of the puzzle.
You are joining just before our exciting and latest product launch, so will have the chance to get stuck in right at a really exciting stage of our journey. Weâve raised overÂ $7 million from top tier venture firms and continue to build out a stellar team as we move onwards and upwards.
Weâre spread out across Europe with headquarters in London and a newly formed office in Berlin; you can join us there or work remotely. Every other month we meet up for co-working in a European city.
What you’ll do
- Engineer our backend for our brand new all in one web3 wallet
- Own the full cycle – from figuring and aligning on what to do and how to deploying prod
- Ensure a high rate of delivery whilst maintaining industry-leading quality
- Lead by example to create a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Build the company together with us and help deliver our mission globally
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following
- 7+ years of backend engineering experience in Python / Java
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with distributed development and engineering teams
- Exposure to start-up or scale-up environment
- Interest in financial services, crypto, DeFi or willing to learn quickly
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English (written and spoken)
Extra bits that we also like to hear
- Experience working on financial web apps/crypto wallets
- Experience of working under an Agile process with a global team ð
- Strong understanding of dApps and the Ethereum Virtual Machine â
- Contributions to open source projects and hackathonsÂ (we love people who love github!)
- Keenness to work in a fast paced start-up environment with a global teamÂ
At Zeal we really believe that we can have a positive impact on people around the world by challenging historical approaches and norms. In particular we think that the efficiencies made possible in financial services through technological innovation should benefit its customers more.
We obsess about customer satisfaction and building something epic together. We are building a diverse team and welcome applicants from any background.
The fun stuff!
Compensation is competitive in todayâs market and includes both salary and equity
We have a swanky office space in Soho, London and Berlin for those in commuting distance (we like to meet up now and then on Mondays or Thursdays)…BUTâ¦
We are remote first! We are distributed throughout Europe from London to Lisbon, Berlin to Krakow
We are a truly multicultural team ð¸ðªðºð¦ð¬ð§ð¦ðºð¨ð±ð®ðªð§ð¾ðµð¹ðºð¸
Æµeal is a dynamic, early stage unit where ambition meets high performance – ultimately, weâre just a bunch of nice people who work hard and have a good time!
If we sound like the place you could kick off the next chapter of your career, read on!â¡
Add your info in the Apply tab, pop in your CV (donât worry if you have links to your github, discord or twitter: if theyâre linked in your CV weâll see them!)
Take a moment to say hi in our cover letter space – we always appreciate a personal touch.
Weâll get in touch as soon as we can, and if the feeling is mutual weâll set up a call between you and our talent team.
Things are getting exciting now! Weâll set up a couple of chats with some of our team – we operate with quite a flat structure, so we love people to be bouncing with ideas! ð¥
If itâs a thumbs up all around, youâll be joining us on our journey! ð
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/200395→