C++ Software Engineer
Team: Carbon Engineering
ââWho We Are:
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain â from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agri-food industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partnersâ progress against sustainability goals.
We’re backed by leading investors, such as Galvanize Climate Solutions, Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies, and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 200 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
Regrow is looking for a C++ Software Engineer to advance and maintain our soil carbon and nitrogen biogeochemistry model by modernizing a legacy scientific code base. This role will work closely with other engineers that depend on the model to implement technical improvements and refine integrations with upstream services. Additionally, this role will work with a diverse group of scientists and agronomic experts to enhance accuracy of the model and broaden the scope of what the model is capable of.
What you will do:
- Implement, iterate, and test agronomic processes in our C++ model that is core to the companyâs success and mission.
- Collaborate with and enable scientists to advance model accuracy.
- Identify and action opportunities to refactor code for quality and performance improvements.
- Deliver value through developing testing infrastructure to enable scientific investigation.
- Be a champion for software development best practices from design/architecture to code formatting and everything in between.
- 3+ years of professional C++ hands-on software development experience and have in depth experience with commonly used data structure and algorithms.
- Experience working with a model and collaborating and learning from domain experts about the subject matter (agriculture specific not a requirement).
- Hands on experience designing and building testing infrastructure and processes from the ground up.
- Have the ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility and be able to prioritize a disparate set of requirements effectively.
- You are collaborative, patient, curious, and eager to help Regrow in its mission of promoting sustainable agriculture.
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and weâll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/151382→