commercetools Integrated Offerings
Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Location: For this role as it will be required to support our customers in Europe, we are looking for someone based in EMEA.
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You are free to choose your own hours as long as there’s some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal cultural events
Part-time options: We will consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you’re looking for in your application
Level: Mid (3+ years)
Salary: Starting at €57,000 – €74,000 for full-time
Note: We have defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we’re looking for. This isn’t the “limit” and there’s room for you to grow with us in commercetools Frontend
🌟 The Opportunity
You will be part of our growing Cloud Platform team — helping us to build robust systems in order to minimize service disruptions and improve upon existing infrastructure processes.
🚀 Your Mission
- Development of the existing google cloud platform. With a high demand for automation
- Assist leads with initiatives for upgrading and scaling systems to maintain and improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on cloud platforms
- Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies and responding as needs arise
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing knowledge and skillset
- Automate, develop, administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on google cloud platforms.
- Assist leads with initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance.
- Support other technical teams in operating efficiencies of the platform and responding as needs arise.
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field).
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing knowledge and skillset.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- We take care that our cloud platform is running. Our team name describes exactly what’s central to us: our cloud platform. We see ourselves as an internal service provider and work proactively with our engineers and architects to achieve a platform with the highest level of stability, reliability, and performance. This is where our value Make an impact really drives us every day.
- We’re a genuine team. Providing a cloud platform also means meeting the high expectations of our enterprise customers. Every millisecond counts when it comes to the delivery of a digital commerce product. We know we can rely on each other’s strengths (We’re in this together) — both within the team and beyond the team — we have the support we need to solve any challenge. To share our individual knowledge, we regularly practice pair programming or simply co-working. Working in a geographically distributed team does not mean not working together.
- We’re passionate learners. Technology is constantly evolving and we strive to always be on the cutting edge. Our value Thirst for learning has special meaning for our team. Only by learning can we achieve the best possible impact for our customers.
🧩 You’ll likely have this experience
- 2 or more years experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or in a similar role
- 2 or more years of hands-on experience in managing servers, networks, and infrastructure in a high-availability cloud environment
- Knowledge of using and configuring system health and application performance monitoring tools
- Experience in working with containers and container platforms
- Have previously worked with high scale and/or missing critical systems
- Competent in using UNIX/Linux operating system
- Possess an understanding of continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) and agile software engineering practices
- Experience with GCE, Autoscaling, and CloudSQL would be a plus, but not required
💪 What you will accomplish in your first 90-days
- Meet your colleagues from other departments and get accustomed to our values and ways of working.
- Get familiar with our stack and tools.
🛠️ Our technology stack
- Google Cloud Platform
- Ansible, Bash, Terraform
- VM-based, Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud SQL
- PHP Application stack
👏 We are offering
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- An open learning and development budget, including an internal learning academy
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you will be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
At commercetools Frontend, we’re a fully remote company a Series C company valued at ¢1.9bn, and were named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are formerly Frontastic, a remote-first company since 2017 we know how to do remote work properly. We joined commercetools in November 2021 and are still growing and focused on our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
🤝 Our hiring process
We’ve designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
If you have any questions about the role, email our Talent team at [email protected]. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/commercetools-integrated-offerings-site-reliability-engineer-fully-remote-f-m→