Please note: Springboard is only able to consider candidates located in the following US states: Arizona, California, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, or Texas.
Springboard is redefining professional education for the 21st century through immersive online learning experiences. We are a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing higher education and bridging the worldâs skills gap. Springboardâs mentor-guided, self-paced online courses – in cutting-edge technical skills like data science, UX design, and coding – combine project-based curricula, 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts, career coaching, a money-back job guarantee, and highly touted student outcomes.
Springboard students benefit from online and in-person communities that allow them to connect with other Springboarders: students, mentors, and alumni. Our community initiatives offset the sense of isolation that can exist whilst learning online, and provide opportunities to absorb content and engage in content-rich interactions that complement studentsâ learning. In addition, students leverage Springboard communities to build relationships that help them to succeed in their course, job search, and throughout their careers.
As a Community Associate, you will support the overall Springboard student community experience, both online and offline. Today, our students interact through a combination of async (Slack chat communities for each course) and live (course office hours, virtual/in-person events) opportunities. Youâll work hand-in-hand with our Community Lead to ensure that quarterly OKRs are met while also sharing in the regular management of our community programs. Youâll work with our Community Talentâmembers of our community like students, alumni, and mentors who act as moderators, hosts, and organizers of these community spacesâby motivating and managing their performance to create an engaging community experience. Youâll execute and build upon the community initiatives that are in place today, gathering feedback from key stakeholders to help drive our ongoing roadmap and priorities for Springboardâs community efforts. Youâll work cross-functionally with the Program Operations, Product, Marketing and other stakeholders to define and measure the impact of our community initiatives across channels.
In this role, youâll have the unique opportunity to influence Springboardâs community strategy â a critical ingredient for Springboardâs success as we grow and strive to meet our ambitious mission of transforming one million lives by 2030.
- $4,000-$4,800 USD per month
- Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
- This is a 6-month, 1099 contract engagement with the opportunity to extend and convert to full-time, W2 status contingent upon strong performance and company assessment of continued business needs. We are unable to offer benefits, stock options, or other perks within 1099 contract engagements.
- Share accountability for community success metrics, including strong feedback survey ratings from students, ensuring course talent meet their expectations around response times and availability, and helping to meet our teamâs OKRs.
- Drive engagement amongst Springboardâs Community Talentâcontractors who act as community managers for online forums, host office hours, and organize monthly events.
- Enable our Community Talent to design programming and activities that drive improved engagement and interaction in our community spaces
- Support our events program to ensure monthly events are organized for students in each course vertical
- Work with our Alumni Board to design and execute on our alumni engagement strategy
- Recruit and manage members of our Community Advocate Programâvolunteer students/alums who act as peer mentors and organizers for things like study groups
- Enforce our community guidelines and code of conduct to ensure our community spaces are safe, inclusive, and respectful.
- Own and act on student feedback and complaints related to Community Talent or events
- Plan, manage, and execute on projects to continuously improve our community experience
- Ideally bring 1+ yearsâ experience in building and facilitating engaging communities, with a strong preference for online, discussion/forum-based community experience
- Are a strong project manager, who loves effectively managing the hundreds of details associated with putting on events, both large and small, virtual or in-person
- Are a strong communicator and relationship-builder; you are comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, from students to executives and industry professionals
- Love learning and can quickly become fluent in technical subjects (no prior technical expertise is needed)
- Excel in high-growth startup environments: you thrive in ambiguous situations that require not just smart planning but an ability to experiment and iterate quickly
- Are excited to collaborate with talented people, but also thrive in environments where you operate autonomously with flexibility to run with things on your own
- Are willing/able to travel occasionally (3+ times per year) for short trips to collaborate with your team as well as set up, host or attend community events across the country
- Bonus points if you have experience building influencer programs!
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. Weâre backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, youâll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, generous learning and professional development budgets, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (âCCPAâ), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/198088→