Here at Checkr, we understand the power that design can have on the lives of millions. And when we say design, we mean content design, product design, and research design — building best-in-class experiences together. Weâre looking for a mid-level Content Designer to join our growing Product Design team. Reporting to the Content Design Manager, youâll build intuitive content experiences alongside product owners, engineers, marketing leads, and our brand studio. From concept to release, youâll strategize and craft content that demystifies the background check process, encourages fair hiring, and protects its users. Your words will empower millions of people using our products every day. We canât wait to build the future of fair chance hiring, together.
Learn more about our team at design.checkr.com.
What youâll do:
- Participate as an equal partner in the product development process, from early research and concepts to final mocks and launch
- Create, socialize, and evolve content standards and best practices
- Co-develop product strategy in order to reduce the complexity of background checks
- Write in-product copy, emails, and internal resources to make the hiring process clearer and more approachable
- Partner with Product and Engineering to define content requirements, understand limitations, and develop solutions
- Contribute to and socialize our product writing style guide
- Identify opportunities where content can play a larger role in meeting user goals
- Partner with research to understand user needs and inform content choices
- Collaborate with our brand studio team to keep product and marketing materials consistent and compelling
- Influence how Checkr approaches content design across all customer touchpoints
- Put the user first, always and without exception
Who you are:
- Excited about improving employment opportunities for people with criminal histories
- A passionate champion for the user who incorporates business considerations into your design and content goals
- Interested in influencing the broader design function at Checkr
- Understands the importance of using data to inform content
- Able to synthesize insights across customers to inform overall strategy
- Open to feedback and mentorship
What you have:
- 3+ years of content design and UX writing experience
- Experience working across teams to build clear, effective content that reaches user and business goals
- A solid portfolio of relevant work, including features/products that have shipped
- Experience with design tools like Figma, Miro, Whimsical, etc.
- Familiarity with product management tools like Atlassian (Confluence, Jira)
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $93,925-$110,500.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
We are committed to leveling the playing field and welcome all interested content design candidates to apply, even if you donât meet every qualification outlined above. Weâd still love to hear from you as we build a more inclusive, diverse, and accessible future at Checkr.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkrâs commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Franciscoâs Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/121841→