FreshRealm – CONNECTING THROUGH MEALS
At FreshRealm, we aspire to be THE fresh meal company. Fresh meals are our focus, and we are passionate about revolutionizing this rapidly growing category.
FreshRealm develops, sources, commercializes, and assembles fresh meals. Fresh meals, including meal kits, ready-to-heat, and ready-to-cook offerings, are 100% our focus. We partner with leading Grocery, Convenience, and Omni channel retailers to deliver their customers the best meals. Our success is measured by the success of our retail partners. Our obsessions are service, quality, and consistency, and we take pride in every meal our customers place on their shelves.
At FreshRealm, meals are more than a source of nutrition; they are our passion. Meals are the heart of a timeless ritual of sitting down to connect with family, friends, and ourselves. We are proud to play a small part in the ritual of âconnecting us through mealsâ.
If you are a leader looking to build the future of fresh meals, you are growth-minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, or you are excited to work with the countryâs largest retailers, go to market with the best in product quality, and work with industry leaders that care for each other and their communities, FreshRealm is the perfect fit for you.
The Corporate Controller will own FreshRealmâs corporate and operational accounting functions. This candidate will lead all financial reporting and compliance activities, build a scalable accounting function and play a key role in preparing for and taking the company through a public listing process.
- Lead the companywide controllership function and own all aspects of general accounting, technical accounting, SOX controls and compliance, reporting, and analysis, SEC reporting, treasury, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit preparation, and oversight.
- Play a leadership role in the organization, including improving management reporting, mentoring team members, and assisting with business optimization
- Led high-performing accounting team providing accurate and expedited period-end closings
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards, PCAOB standards, and regulatory requirements
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards monthly and annually
- Assess current accounting operations and drive new processes, as appropriate, resulting in improved outputs and productivity
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Review, establish and maintain internal control processes to maximize the protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Manage and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity in a high-growth environment
- Monthly preparation of financial reports and required bank reporting and cash flow activities
- Lead team and work diligently with advisors to optimize tax and accounting practices
- Coordinate audits, ensure all audit issues are resolved and all compliance issues are met, and prepare the annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and federal, state, and other supplementary schedules and information
- Provide support across all business functions as it relates to financial reporting and analysis
- Reinforce company-wide teamwork to ensure timely, thorough, and high-quality outcomes
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for team performance and growth
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Advanced knowledge and experience in manufacturing processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to Lead the work of other employees, assign duties and manage workflow/ production for a shift or in the absence of the Dept Manager
- Ability to work with routine and monotonous processes
- Must have a good understanding of English, bilingual (Spanish) speaking skills a plus
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods
Experience / Education:
- A minimum of 6 months of experience working in a food manufacturing environment applying standard processes, procedures, and equipment. Demonstrated exp leading the work of others.
- Experience applying and enforcing routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in a chilled food environment is essential.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education.
FreshRealm, Inc does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, Inc.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/120561→