Headquarters: Irvine, California
This is a fully remote position, not restricted by commutes or a particular geographic area. Office hours: Monday through Friday, 9AM – 5PM Pacific Time (PDT UTC-7), this position requires individuals to be available for meetings and duties during this window.
CreateApe is looking for a Director of Project Management with a history of successfully managing projects and teams, or at the very least, specific digital agency experience to join our expanding team to work with our client base of 20-30 projects at a time. Feel free to take a look at some of the projects we’ve worked on so far.
The correct individual for this role will guide a team of 5-8 Project Managers and contribute as a member of the Leadership team, while refining and implementing day to day process improvements, setting team expectations, tracking KPIs & reports, while also mentoring existing staff, as well as onboarding and training new team members. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience with both web and mobile projects, articulating challenges and successes to clients, while also demonstrating a proven track record of successfully leading the Project Management departments. In this role, you will coordinate with cross-functional teams from Sales & Marketing, Design, Development and QA to ensure our staff meet project needs both on time and within budget, while relying on your extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish the stated goals. This is a high level position, reporting directly to the COO & CEO and working with the rest of the Leadership team.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop detailed project plans with milestones to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to kick off new projects
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs using Clickup, Figma, and Google Documents.
- Retrieve estimates from design and development teams for new projects and translate those estimates into proposal documents using Google Slides.
- Proven working experience in project management in both web and mobile technologies
- Proven success leading a team of project managers in a digital agency environment
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Understanding of best practices and vocabulary in the web and mobile space
- Understanding of agile development processes, project management tools such as ClickUp, JIRA, et cetera
- Excellent communication in English, on Google Meet (or Zoom), Email and Slack
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/createape-inc-director-of-project-management→