Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, “The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye.” Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, weâve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history â the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation â for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side ð«¡
Who We Are Looking For
A dynamic creative director that leads by example through their craft and personally sets the bar for creative excellence. Involved in every aspect of collaboration, this leader will contribute equally to the strategic vision of a project and its final output. Itâs important to know that Creative is our product. You will be expected to bring creative rigor to our process while generating concepts for films, games, products, and compelling Web3 collectibles that Yuga Labs is known for.
What You Should be Able to Do
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team
- Ensure designs and content reflect brand image / ideals consistently and positively
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production
- Anticipate problems that keep a project from completing on time and propose / implement solutions
- Report progress of projects at major stages (conception, creation, and execution)
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses
- Work with internal / external strategic partners to create products using the most current industry best practices
- Serve as a liaison between internal teams, the creative team, and individual clients
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain relevant approvals
- Analyze brand tracking, trends, and the competitive landscape
- Experience leading creative projects from defining âwhat success looks likeâ to the polishing the finer details before work leaves the building
- Established designer or artist with a history of creating highly visible work
- Working knowledge or better of modern creative tools such as Figma, UE5, Maya, and Procreate, OpenFrameworks, GPT3, and otherwise
- Proven frameworks for supporting the growth of creatives, designers, artists, and writers
- Excellent at conveying the right level of information to every audience, including executive summaries
- Navigating ambiguity and helping others do the same
- Bias towards action and an understanding of leadership best practices, especially delegation
The annual salary for this position ranges from $175,000 to $225,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
What We Offer
- Working with the best-in-class talent creating innovative technologies and bringing the forefront of culture to web3
- Exposure to innovative technologies in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and game development
- Collaboration with blue chip projects and AAA studios and partners
- Great internal growth and development
- 100% remote
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we â and every web3 company â have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 thatâs diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yugaâs workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if youâre excited about one of our roles but your resume doesnât align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If youâre enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If youâre a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
Life at Yuga Labs
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We’re shaping the future of identity, community, and technologyâan experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
As a remote-first company, we encourage our employees to care for their whole selves through comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/179841→