Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet’s data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our worldâs toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
The Customer Support Representative will be responsible for triaging and assisting with inbound support requests for Planet customers, partners, and field teams. This includes handling administrative issues and assigning technical issues to the appropriate Technical Support Engineer.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the Planet organizational structure, internal applications, and standard support processes. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment and therefore it requires strong interpersonal skills.
You will also assist with the dispatch function of inbound customer requests, ticket assignment, and ticket handovers.
Impact Youâll Own:
- Provide support to Planet customers, partners, and field teams via email, phone, chat, or in person (as necessary)
- Meet/exceed key performance indicators to drive quality and overall customer satisfaction
- Responsible for triage and dispatching of inbound requests for technical support
- Provide assistance for administrative requests such as password reset, user management, and sales opportunities
- Build strong relationships with partner teams including engineering, Customer Success, sales, and product management
- Participate in projects that improve the efficiency, quality, and overall customer experience with Planet products and services
What You Bring:
- 1+ years experience working as a customer support representative or similar role
- 1+ years experience in handling technical issues with the ability to understand how those issues impact the customers business priorities
- Experience with Zendesk, JIRA, or comparable ticketing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently, as well as contributing as a team player
- Willingness to travel as necessary to client sites
- Participate in scheduled weekend on-call support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Customer focused mentality
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Great communicator
- Attention to detail
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Weâre dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. Thatâs why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youâre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please… do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We donât just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peopleâs careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youâre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet’s front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 – $122,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/143161→