Meet the Team:
The Autonomous Vehicle Product Release Engineering team ensures that Torcâs products meet the highest standards for quality, safety, and functionality. The Director of this group will provide senior-level leadership to the function charged with the definition, design, development of the release strategy of Torcâs driverless products across a wide array of teams and components including software, hardware, systems, architecture, and suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership, direction and definition for the release management function including planning, scheduling, coordination, and implementation.
- Develop and maintain best in class state of the art release framework
- Define targets for product risk, reliability, availability, robustness, security, traceability, defensibility, and quality
- Drive execution toward the target via validation and release strategies
- Develop metrics to demonstrate release readiness and drive adoption via development cycle modifications
- Assess technical quality of system, safety, and security artifacts
- Lead team of technical experts; effectively manage individual goals and objectives, performance, and employee development.
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring work processes with the highest degree of quality and safety.
- Collaborate with executive leadership in engineering, PMO, product management, System Engineering, Testing, System safety, quality and operations on workflows and artifacts
What youâll need to Succeed:
- Masterâs Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent with 12+ years relevant experience OR Bachelorâsâ¯Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent with 15+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years overall progressive technical systems or software development experience
- 3+ yearsâ experience leading engineers in the delivery of software solutions that include complex algorithm development and data models, with emphasis on best practices in coding standards, testing, and systems integration
- Minimum 3+ years performing personnel management activities including but not limited to performance planning and evaluations, corrective actions, and conflict resolution, recruiting and onboarding, and ensuring compliance to software policies and procedures.
- Proven experience in applying standards like ISO 26262, 21448, 21434; and experience applying methods like STPA, FMEA, FTA, DRBFM, 8D Analysis ect.
- Doctorate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent with 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience with AV and ADAS applications
- Experience with production and series automotive safety critical projects
- Experience with data driven validation/formal methods
- Experience with ML/AI based products
Perks of Being a Full-time Torcâr
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/150653→