Why We Need You
PagerDuty is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Director of Corporate IT, responsible for our System Engineering and end-user services teams. As a Director of Corporate IT, you will help architect, build, and support PagerDutyâs growing SaaS/cloud-first information technology ecosystem â ensuring availability, reliability, and security for our employees. You will provide an exceptional experience for all Dutonians and will be responsible for training, supporting, and leading your team.
How You Contribute to Our Vision – Key Responsibilities:
- Provide technology vision and leadership for deploying IT initiatives that improve collaboration, cost-effectiveness, compliance, and security.
- Manage vendor relationships and look for opportunities to reduce costs through efficient internal operations, well-rationalized investment, and business enablement.
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the entire organization to identify business and technology needs.
- Proactively identify opportunities for automation and improvement and prioritize them effectively.
- Manage ticket escalation, and ensure that service level requirements (SLAs) are achieved and that we are meeting defined metrics.
- Ensure our employees receive professional, efficient, and effective support.
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to IT staff, including system engineers and help desk support members.
- Have a customer zero mindset and adapt and deploy our own products.
Skills and Attributes:
- You enable and empower a team to do great work beyond what you could accomplish on your own.
- Experience helping your teams consistently ship value to our employees. You go out of your way to make sure that you articulate that value within as well as outside of the team.
- You have a sense of urgency towards action, customer-first philosophy, and ability to think and act strategically.
- Understand the balance between planning out work and just getting things done, between getting your hands dirty and getting out of the teamâs way.
- Excellent ability to communicate and eager listener in all directions.
- A genuine interest and willingness to learn PagerDutyâs culture and values and be a strong proponent for them.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working in IT operations, overseeing large information technology projects
- 3+ years of people management experience leading multiple technical teams, distributed across multiple geographies
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Experience with agile and scrum
- Excellent leadership, decision-making, and project management skills
- Experience with Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Jamf, Microsoft 365, Atlassian Cloud, Jira, Oomnitza, and Zoom
- Worked with high-growth B2B SaaS companies
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/146680→