Kontist is a Berlin, Germany-based fintech and taxtech for freelancers with about 150 employees. We are part of the bigger Ageras platform, a leading banking, accounting, and admin software provider for small businesses across Europe and the US.
The Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers in designing, developing, and maintaining our company’s core products. This role requires a solid technical background and excellent leadership and communication skills. You will report directly to the CTO.
You will craft software that highly improves the lives of freelancers around banking and taxes. Build something you love together with great and talented people who support you!
- You lead a team of seven engineers in product development
- Communicate effectively with other departments, including product and tax operations
- Collaborate with other managers to develop and implement company-wide engineering strategies
- Participate in the hiring and training of new engineers
- Mentor and coach team members to help them reach their full potential
- Keep up to date with the latest advancements in technology and incorporate them into our products
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with at least 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Strong technical background in software development, experience with TypeScript, Node.js, React, AWS
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience in managing remote teams
- Advanced proficiency in English; German is a bonus
- Living in CET +-3h
- 100% remote (or on-site in our lovely office in Berlin, if you prefer)
- Flexible trust-based working hours
- Personal education budget
- Bring in your ideas (from machine learning over deployment to processes)
- Great team that loves to grow and learn from each other
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/181956→