Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, thatâs what weâre doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But weâve still got a long way to go…fancy joining us?
About the role
As an Engineering Manager at Cabify, you will be responsible for leading and guiding the most important part of our engineering organization – our people.
They have high interaction with other teams and business areas. This means nurturing our culture of collaboration, communication, and coordination between and within teams.
All these tasks deeply impact Cabify ability to be a profitable business, and they involve processing data in high volumes with precision and speed, offering a unique challenge from a purely engineering point of view.
We practice have strong ownership of our services, continuous integration, strive for high observability, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
Prior to taking on engineering management, you likely were a senior individual contributor with a comprehensive understanding of complex systems that you were a vital part of developing & launching over the years. This has given you the perspective to help other engineers prioritise their tasks, shape their career decisions, and face tricky challenges.
- Lead a team of diverse and talented software engineers with different levels of expertise
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Think critically about the long-term career development of team members
- Conduct regular check-ins and 1-1s with team members
- Communicate across cross-functional teams such as Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design
- Lead prioritization efforts and provide mentorship to others
- Be the Best Friend of teamâs Product Manager, working in tandem to analyze problems and execution plans
- Deeply care about the happiness of others
- Directly report (and get support from) the Head of Engineering of your group
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great alignment with our principles, we take this very seriously.
- Fluent in english
- A knack for effective and clear communication in all circumstances
- Hands-on people management and/or technical leadership experience
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity
- Extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
- An appreciation for engineering best practices and quality over quantity of work
Bonus Points, desired but not required:
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
- Experience working with remote and partially remote team members
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, microservices, and relational/NoSQL/cloud databases
- Experience in Ruby, Go and/or Elixir is desired but not required
- Experience in modern frontend development using some framework and library like React, Angular or Vue.
- Experience with distributed system communication, performance analysis, and optimization
Whatâs it like to work at Cabify?
Weâre a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Excellent Salary conditions. EM L4 [45-65Kâ¬], Sr. EM L5 [55-85Kâ¬]
- We also offer a very competitive stock options plan.
- Recharge day: Every 3rd Friday monthly off!
- Our office is located in Madrid, but a fully remote position is also available for this role.
- Flexible work environment & hours.
- Regular team events.
- Cabify staff free rides.
- Personal development programs based on our career paths.
- Annual budget for training.
- Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- All the equipment you need (you only have to bring your talent).
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/149802→