Leggett & Platt
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a European Supply Chain Manager to work remotely in Belgium or hybrid at our Wevelgem facility within our International Logistics organization. You will help support our transportation objectives. As a global-diversified manufacturing company, itâs sometimes hard to explain all the different things we do. We like to say, âweâre the biggest company no one has ever heard of.â We are confident you interact with one of our products in your daily life without knowing it. Whether itâs the mattress you sleep on, the car you drive, the plane you fly on, or the furniture you sit on, our high-quality components are there supporting you. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As our European Supply Chain Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead the supply chain efforts for our European branches. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by providing KPIâs back to the business leaders on their supply chain needs, including cost improvement metrics. In the role, you will be reporting to a US leader.
So, what will you be doing as our European Supply Chain Manager?
- Collaborate with L&P branches, Logistics offices and European service providers to execute shipments as required.
- Develop an understanding and maintain documentation of L&P Branches / Suppliers and customers needs for shipping intra Europe and Internationally, including road freight, ocean freight, air freight, consolidation and deconsolidation needs and develop SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures) to ensure that such needs are met.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with internal branchâs key personnel involved in or directly relevant to Logistics activities.
- Monitor performance of key external service providers. Communicate to management service failures and help develop action plans to correct for future shipments. Monitor implementation of process improvements.
- Identify, evaluate & implement opportunities to leverage L&P volumes with current service providers utilizing multiple business units.
- Coordinate project analysis, bids, etc. for existing business units with existing or potential service providers.
- Assist with new service provider set ups through SOPâs and required service provider documents.
- Collaborate with Business unit Purchasing & Sales departments and Logistics offices as necessary to meet customer requirements
- Develop & Incorporate KPIâs to monitor performance and identify opportunities for improvement with freight forwarders, ocean carriers against benchmarks and service agreements to improve support for our business units. Report findings along with suggested improvement solutions on a quarterly basis.
- Provide feedback updates regarding market details for air, ocean and intra Europe trucking to management & Business Units.
- Work with Logistics systems, Accounting & other Logistics offices to ensure visibility & financial data integrity of shipments.
- Report cost savings / cost avoidance opportunities to management.
To be successful in this role, youâll need:
- Bachelorâs degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Business Management, Operations Management, or related field, or suitable combination of education and training
- 5+ yearsâ experience in the transportation and logistics industry, including 2+ years in a management role
- Analytical and data-driven mindset.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite applications.
- Excellent organization skills, proven written and verbal communication skills.
- You can read, write and speak English fluently.
Things we consider a plus:
- 3-4 yearsâ experience working directly with/for Freight Forwarders to support ocean & air shipments
- Experience within a fast-paced Automotive industry, with the supply chain and inventory business objectives
What to Do Next
Now that youâve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for? Apply today by submitting your resume/work history, total compensation and benefit expectations to [email protected]
Our Commitment to You
Weâre proud of the fact that we are strongly rooted in being an inclusive, people-focused organization. Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, youâll fit right in.
For specific regional privacy notices please refer to our http://privacy.leggett.com/privacy-notices
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/121056→