Do you enjoy travelling?
Yes? Then please read on!
YPO is the global leadership community of more than 30,000 chief executives in 140+ countries who are driven by the belief that the world needs better leaders. Each of our members have achieved significant leadership success at a young age. YPO members inspire and support each other through peer learning and exceptional experiences in an inclusive community of open sharing and trust.
Event management professional responsible for end-to-end delivery of curated event experiences (in-person and virtual) to YPO members that provide transformative opportunities for global leaders to learn, explore and connect. A sophisticated advocate who engages with internal departments, external vendors, speakers, and key client contacts to achieve program excellence through successful event execution that meets the YPO Global Events strategy.
- Partners with key stakeholders on event innovation, end-to-end event planning and successful event execution aligned to event management best practices.
- Leads stakeholders, champions, committee(s) and contractors to develop, design, budget, market, manage and evaluate assigned events.
- Collaborates with event champion to develop clear objectives for program / content design, ensuring attendee take-home value and high post-event evaluation score.
- Attends planning meetings/site visits as needed and travel for full onsite event support and execution.
- Ensures adherence to YPO processes and procedures throughout the development and delivery of all programs.
- Develops, analyze and manages event budgets to meet YPO requirements with no overspend.
- Ensures that the highest level of security, medical access and emergency contingency plans are developed and in force for the event, to mitigate risks.
- Creates a Master Operating Schedule (MOS) and ensures contractorsâ adherence for successful delivery of the event within budget and timeline.
- Ensures appropriate contracts and agreements are fully negotiated, executed and committed to provide required services in compliance with YPO policy.
- In conjunction with Event Marketing lead, develop and implement a plan to market, register and communicate with event attendees before, during and after the event.
- Collaborates with hotel/venue management on all services to be provided, including contract negotiations, audio-visual and catering needs, accommodations, shipping of event materials etc.
- Travels to events, acts as point-person for all delivery of event components and manages comprehensive on-site execution, including staff management as needed.
- Manages the collection of post-event evaluations, archive event documentation and media, and participates in post-event analysis debrief and learnings.
- Coordinates and acts as technical producer for virtual events and programming through Cvent, Zoom and other virtual event platforms.
- Close-out program and program financials within 45 days of program completion as per specifications listed on payment schedule page.
- Strong event planning, project management, and execution skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural organization with a distinct global mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong diplomacy skills with the ability to build meaningful relationships across all relationship levels.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills including effective multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize and self-manage.
- Ability to implement virtual events and provide creative digital solutions to member champions.
- Strong budgeting skills to develop, track, analyze and manage event program budgets while mitigating risk.
- Analytical thinker with ability to influence and guide processes with appropriate approach and execution.
- Proactive, resourceful, and able to work independently with initiative and common sense to identify problems and provide solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder partnering, negotiating, and influencing skills with the ability to adjust communication style appropriately to the audience.
- High level of professionalism and integrity with presence and stature to easily interact with high-profile corporate leaders.
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability with strong presentation skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technological savant who is comfortable working primarily in a digital/virtual environment.
- Ability to navigate multiple event management platforms and/or software, including registration and budgeting tools.
- Sensitivity to a multi-cultural environment.
- Good balance of personal initiative and team player.
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in event design or management, preferably in an association environment working with C-suite executives.
- At least 2+ years of virtual event experience.
- Experience leading teams on complex in-person and virtual events.
- Proven experience in stewarding and executing multiple tasks as part of larger projects.
- Financial experience in budgeting, forecasting, reconciling required.
- Proficiency and experience the use of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint required.
- Cvent, Salesforce, CrowdCompass experience preferred.
- Membership or association experience preferred.
- Experience with luxury or incentive event experience preferred.
- Bachelorâs degree or equivalent
- Preferred certification(s):
- Cvent certification
- Virtual Event certification (e.g. Digital Event Strategist)
- Event management system
- CMM (Certificate in Meeting Management)
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional)
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed to accommodate members and team members in multiple time zones.
- Ability to work for extended hours at a computer screen.
- Willingness and ability to travel, domestically and internationally, without restrictions, approximately 30 – 40% per year.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/121260→