The Field Service Engineer (FSE) provides technical service and support on equipment within the company, ISO, FDA, and budgetary guidelines with the objectives of minimizing customer downtime and generating revenue opportunities for NanoString. This candidate should possess strong technical skill as well as the ability to operate independently and with minimal supervision. In support of the NanoString objectives, this role must exhibit drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize our commercial success. They must be a team player with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win.
- This is a home-office based field position covering the Southern California territory including Los Angeles and Orange County. This individual should anticipate working in the field visiting clients in the LA/Orange County area 4 days per week with the final weekday working from home.
- Complete new equipment installations, preventative maintenance activities, and emergency repairs with proper supporting documentation in compliance with Quality Assurance procedures
- Communicate with customers, both in person and via electronic means, in a way that instills confidence in both his/her ability and the capabilities of all NanoString teams
- Provide feedback to internal teams to address failure points and make system reliability improvements
- Support the Field Applications team as needed to maximize equipment uptime and create a great customer experience
- Assist with the NanoString Quality process improvement initiatives
- Hands-on field service experience preferably in the biotech / life science / robotics field(s). This includes working on systems in customer laboratories and observing proper biohazard safety precautions
- Strong troubleshooting skills. Specifically, in the areas of: General electronics, electromechanical systems, robotics, liquid handlers, computers, and associated networking components
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage customer expectations while providing outstanding customer service
- Working knowledge of all technical support activities designed to achieve a world class customer experience
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment, communicating relevant scientific data effectively in oral and written format, working in a timely manner to meet defined deadlines, and representing NanoString effectively in the field
- General understanding of IT and basic networking setup
- Willingness and Availability to travel; overnight travel as needed
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move approximately 60-80 lbs. on an infrequent basis
- B.S. degree with 3-5 years of relevant field service experience. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Familiarity with fluorescence microscopy and robotic systems
- General knowledge of genetic analysis techniques (DNA microarrays, gene expression analysis, NGS/WGS, and quantitative PCR)
- Experience working in a QSR certified organization
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/118307→