Are you an experienced front end web developer who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new skill, like coding, should be exciting and engaging â and that starts with the instructor. You’ll notice that prior teaching experience isn’t a prerequisite to being an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and a positive energy to the classroom, you’re going to help students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. We’ll provide the training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Skills & Requirements
- Must reside in the United Kingdom
- At least 6 months of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred, but not required
- Some familiarity with most or all of the following:
- Working with databases, server-side languages and libraries like MongoDB, MySQL, Node, Express and ORMs
- Version control (Git, Github) and deployment servers such as Nestify
What You Will Do:
- Take attendance
- Create an engaging, positive, and inclusive learning environment for our students
- Explain complex topics to individuals with both a technical and non-technical background
- Ensure you are bringing the learning experience to life, building community and enhancing relevance through drawing on your own industry experience
- Infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the students’ learning progression
- Assist the Instructor with class time management
- Observe the class during code activities and projects to assist students (via Zoom)
- Research and answer student questions
- Grade homework and group project assignments when applicable
- 16-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- Tues/Wed/Thurs 9-12 PM EST OR Tues/Wed/Thurs 1-4 PM EST
Classes are taught online:
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- 20% Discount on 2U Short Courses
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our Instructional Staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
Hourly salary only: In Colorado, the anticipated hourly salary for this role is $20/hr. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidateâs assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/119168→