Metaverse Game Studios
Metaverse Game Studios, Inc
St. Petersburg, Florida / Remote Team
Metaverse is a young and independent game development company led by industry veterans who worked for core games such as Far Cry, Destiny, Halo series, Warface, League of Legends, Diablo Immortal, Mount&Blade series, Metro Exodus, and more. We are developing Angelic, which has an equal emphasis on storytelling and party-based RPG elements, all backed by a dark and compelling science-fiction setting in which you are often mesmerized by the complexity of the events happening around you.
If you are up to a challenge and want to deliver unforgettable RPG experiences to players around the world, our family is ready to welcome you!
Angelic combines turn-based strategy combat with a narrative RPG, all backed by a collaboratively crafting science-fiction setting thanks to blockchain technology. Get ready to shape a massive conflict in the dark and compelling universe of Angelic.
It will not be an easy journey, and each action will have deep echoing repercussions. But donât worry, you wonât have to do it alone.
As a Game Systems Designer you will be tasked with designing feature concepts and game mechanics. Reporting to the Game Director and working with other designers, you will be at the forefront of our production system, liaising across different production teams! You help us to adjust and balance the features, bringing them from concept to playability.
- Work closely with the game director to understand the overall game design vision.
- Design systems that support the creative and game directions (e.g. player engagement, artificial intelligence behaviors, combat modes, online playability, etc.).
- Meet with your game design team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, provide feedback, set benchmarks, etc.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking designs when and as often as needed.
- Participate in the design of game UX and UI;
- Formalize and clarify concepts/features into clear documentation to be used throughout the production team!
- Make strategic data-based decisions as required;
- Collaborate with designers, programmers, and artists to ensure consistency across the board.
- Participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features and optimize systems.
- Follow up on features post-launch to improve, add, or remove components (in certain cases).
- Help economy designers to balance the game overall and balance in-game economy / blockchain economy.
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry & develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in game design
- Experience with Unreal, productivity softwares (word processors, spreadsheets, etc.), and project management tools (Assembla, Trello, Jira, etcâ¦)
- A highly innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit
- Exceptional mentorship, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Ability to sift through data and come to meaningful conclusions
- Familiarity with online AAA games, especially strategy and RPG titles
- A solid understanding of the market and a (fiery) passion for video games
- Ideally have shipped a minimum of 1 AAA game title in a project mgmt. role.
- Excellent communication skills in English
If you are interested in creating something new in game development space, this is your chance to be part of something huge! Apply now and get the inside scoop on our new and exciting game IP!
This new opportunity and experience we’re offering could be the open door you’ve been looking for to a new universe for you.
Even if you donât fit all the requirements above, if building new systems, especially within game design and development is your passion, and you have a strong willingness to learn â don’t hesitate to apply anyways, and let us know how you can contribute.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are very important for us. The creative potential and hard work of all our team members is what matters to us. You can be anyone or even any-thing, and as long as you’re helping us create this amazing product we all love, you’re more than welcome in our team. Moreover, diversity brings out creativity and it’s valued and cherished at Metaverse Game Studios.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/150185→