Headquarters: Boulder, CO
Head of Customer Success
Getro is looking for a Customer Success Lead to lead the function and manage our customer success team. We’re looking for a leader who will build a consultative and strategic approach to customer success as we double down on being the market leader in the venture capital world as well as explore new markets. This role will report to the COO.
Getro is on a mission to become the platform of choice for making professional introductions by combining technology and human empathy.
We have two products:
- GetroJobs, which automatically aggregates jobs across a network of companies;
- GetroConnect, which allows talent (active and passive job seekers) and companies to connect with one another, facilitating introductions and referrals within networks.
If you’ve ever hired or been hired through a referral, you’ve seen how powerful the right introduction can be. That’s the power of Getro.
You, as an expert:
- 5+ years of direct experience across multiple post-sales functions (Customer Success Management, Professional Services, Customer Support,…) with at least 1 year of management experience
- You’ve lead initiatives around value consulting, upselling, and expansion revenue
- Prior experience building a customer success team at an early stage B2B SaaS company
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Sharp interviewing and information gathering skills
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to customers and cross-functional, internal stakeholders
- Experience working closely with product teams to represent the voice of the customer and facilitate discovery work
- Knowledge of our tech stack or similar products: Freshdesk, Vitally, Chargebee, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Jira
- Past success analyzing data, delivering recommendations and executing programs to improve customer outcomes and experiences
- Strategic mindset and understanding of our customer personas: venture capital funds, economic development organizations, and professional communities
- Bonus points for experience working in or with the venture capital industry
- Effective project management skills with a proven record of working successfully on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working remotely, ideally as a manager
You, as a person:
- ou are proactive and performance-driven. You make things happen
- You are extremely resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity
- You practice committed ownership:
- You own your projects from beginning to end
- You ask for buy-in to make better decisions, but aren’t paralyzed without it
- When things go wrong, you accept accountability for your part without blaming others
- You share learnings openly
- Team player with a high level of integrity and desire to assist your team and customers
- You are a proactive communicator
- You live between the PST and EST time zones
A Week in the Life of A Customer Success Lead:
- Running a meeting with the sales team to brainstorm strategies to improve the prospect to customer handover process, addressing relationship / rapport transfer, data hygiene, and process concerns
- Holding one to ones with the three Customer Success and Experience team members you manage
- Jumping on a recorded call with a customer at risk of churning to try to retain the account, sharing your learnings with product and adding relevant notes to Product Board
- Designing an expansion revenue campaign around the launch of our second product, setting the metrics to define success and building the collaterals your team will need to meet your objectives
- Presenting a proposal you’ve been working on to the CEO and COO to restructure the team to manage more accounts per CSM
- Driving content for our customer newsletter, pulling from Product, Sales, and Operations to compile the most relevant content for our customers
- Analyzing spreadsheets of customer data to understand engagement to provide recommendations to the Product, Sales and Marketing teams as well as designing new processes for the customer success team
- Checking in with a new hire to ensure he / she is excelling at owning the day to day relationship with our customers and helping our customers achieve their desired outcomes with our products, providing feedback on their product demos
- Writing product documentation and a campaign to drive adoption and ongoing usage of a new product feature launched this month
- 100% remote, 100% flexible: We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose (between the PST and CET time zones). We believe in working smarter, not harder – we don’t value presenteeism.
- Salary: $90-$110k + variable compensation
- Why the range? We decide salaries based on the cost of living where you’re based
- $200 / month cash coworking stipend
- Generous Employee Stock Options with an attractive strike price
- Unique culture: we’re humans first and believe that work is more fulfilling when we can show our full selves to the people we work with.
- Work alongside a diverse, fully distributed team of 21 core members from 7+ countries
- Make an impact: help shape the path of an early-stage team
We help 700+ independent professional networks — including venture capital funds (Lerer Hippeau), accelerators (Techstars), membership communities (Chic Geek), economic development organizations (Launch Tennessee), universities (University of Toronto), and more — make better introductions for their member and measure the outcomes of their intros.
- Techstars 2017 graduates
- Our co-founders have been working together in the recruiting space for the last 10 years and are multi-time founders
- Remote-first company, from 2018 (before covid)
- 21 team members across 7+ countries (Hear from Ted & meet Thomas from our team)
- As a fully remote company, we don’t have offices, but we do get together virtually and in-person for Summits (Germany, Cape Town, San Fran, Portugal…)
How we work:
We’re ambitious but realistic – we know anything worth doing takes time. We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose. We believe in working smarter, not harder – we don’t value presenteeism and we’re not impressed by long working hours. Above all, we value the contribution of each individual and take seriously our responsibility to enable you to work on things you love. These aren’t just words – they’re part of everything we do, including how we design our products.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/getro-head-of-customer-success→