Headquarters: Cologne, Germany
Giant Swarm is a fast-growing open-source infrastructure management platform used by modern enterprises. Our vision is to empower developers around the world to ship great products.
- You will be responsible for architecting and building distributed systems, as part of our managed Kubernetes offering.
- You will use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools from across the open-source community, including Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Flatcar Linux.
- You take part in on call, as part of our ‘you build it, you run it’ philosophy. This includes improving operations, such as by adding metrics, or building dashboards.
- You have experience with Go and at least one other programming language, and a strong architectural background.
- You have worked extensively with Kubernetes.
- You are an experienced Linux user.
- You are used to deploying to production multiple times a day, and love to automate all the things.
- You are comfortable building and working with distributed systems – you prefer to build your applications as multiple services instead of a single monolith.
- We – and our customers – are currently distributed (mostly) around Europe. Your main timezone should be UTC +/- 2.
- We are very active in the Cloud Native / Kubernetes space. If you are as well – or just love giving talks – that will be a perfect addition.
- Becoming part of Giant Swarm means that, by extension, you also become part of the Cloud Native community. We actively contribute to upstream projects and our quarterly hackathons will give you space to work on out-of-the-box projects. Occasionally, when we, as a team, want to fully focus on one project, we scratch all meetings and routines for a certain time to better focus during our hive-sprints.
- Continuous learning is important to us – we foster this through bi-yearly personal development talks, a budget for training/certifications/coaching as well as regular feedback talks and workshops. Our teams are cross- functional and collaboration is key.
- Nothing crazy, but useful Basics: We don’t count holidays but set a minimum number; You choose your own hard- and software; As a company that has almost, if not more, kids than employees, family-friendliness is crucial to us and paid parental leave is a no-brainer; We pay monthly perks that cover your costs for working remotely; We meet twice a year as an entire company and (if possible) see conferences as an important place to catch up with team members; We aim to be fully transparent (finance, salaries) unless it hurts people and trust you, based on this to make the best decisions
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/giant-swarm-platform-engineer-4→