Headquarters: San Francisco
imgix is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. In this role, you will work alongside other engineers in order to build and operate the highly available and performant infrastructure that powers image and video delivery for some of the largest sites on the Internet.
In addition, the Infrastructure Engineering team is involved in encouraging operational best practices throughout the entire engineering organization.
- Enjoys solving problems by using technology in creative ways
- 3-6+ years of programming experience
- Interested in programming, operating, and troubleshooting highly available services in the cloud
- Experience using continuous integration and continuous delivery workflows
- Interested or have experience in working with a 100% remote team
- Able to leverage asynchronous forms of communication
About the Role
- Develop, operate, and maintain a high-uptime visual media rendering service that responds to customer requests in real-time
- Help imgix maintain better than 99.9% uptime for billions of requests per day
- Create new features/services that complement and/or evolve our existing offerings
- Use tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, BigQuery, and StackDriver to observe and measure the performance and reliability of our services
- Perform on call duties including alert troubleshooting, incident remediation, and root cause analysis
- Build cloud infrastructure tooling that helps us build cloud services more efficiently
- Other technologies used: Python, Go, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, and plenty of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) offerings
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly dynamic and real time imagery to eyeballs around the world. Our service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix’s proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
imgix currently operates as a mostly remote workplace with employees distributed around the world. In this role, you will join a 100% remote team, while still having the option of being based in our San Francisco office. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401(k), medical, dental, and vision), perks are generous, vacation time is unlimited, parental leave is available and highly encouraged, and salaries are in line with industry averages.
For the health and safety of all of our employees, imgix requires COVID-19 vaccinations for any employee who wishes to work out of the San Francisco office or attend in-person company events.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/imgix-cloud-engineer→