What we are looking for
Under the direction of AvantStay’s indirect tax lead, prepare and file occupancy tax returns in a variety of U.S. jurisdictions. Successful candidates will have a natural passion for learning, and a basic understanding of indirect tax determination and compliance. This person will effectively communicate across multiple business units, while supporting the optimization of department policies and infrastructure.
What youâll do
- Prepare and file indirect tax returns for various impositions, including sales, use, gross receipts, and lodging taxes.
- Ensure timely and accurate filings to minimize assessments and penalties.
- Stay apprised of new indirect tax rates and update the relevant software to ensure accurate tax determinations.
- Resolve notices and outstanding tax issues.
- Assist with indirect tax audits, as needed.
What youâll bring
- A minimum of 1-2 years of indirect tax experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years of hospitality/real estate experience strongly preferred
- Analytical with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Prior experience in NetSuite, FloQast, Bill.com, Asana, and/or Salesforce a plus
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proactive self-starter capable of working independently as well as in a team
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Flexible with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
This is a contract role with compensation starting at $12 per hour.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/146156→