Blockdaemon is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to help build, operate, automate, and scale one of the largest decentralized blockchain infrastructure platforms in the world. Working in tandem with Engineering, SRE and IT Operations teams to identify and implement rock solid, performant, foundational infrastructure for our company, while directly interfacing with our blockchain specialists to match protocol characteristics with optimal hardware configurations.
- Writing infrastructure-as-code to automate both destructive testing and performance benchmarking, against new hardware configurations.
- Gathering and presenting insightful data across compute and cloud providers to guide decision making and proactive optimizations
- Researching new hardware technologies and metal-as-a-service offerings for potential use across our stack
- Supporting platform teams with their CI/CD pipelines, provide feedback to foundational infrastructure questions, and act as an escalation point for SRE and product engineering teams
- Collaborate with tools and automation engineers to develop performance, fault and capacity reporting with an eye toward predictive analysis based on AI/ML.
- Develop automated systems to allow for no/low touch hardware and cloud provisioning, tagging, configuration, patching and break/fix.
- Act as a high level System Admin for all infrastructure services and systems, supporting linux systems, RAID expansion, bug fix, and API integrations.
- Have a deep understanding of server componentry- controllers, interfaces, bus speeds, CPUs/CPU extensions and related datacenter/provider network management.
- Strong skills in server management practices such as OS bootstrapping with PXE, Cloud-init and Ignition
- Firm grasp of out-of-band hardware management using APIs such as IPMI and Redfish
- High proficiency with Linux operating systems (Ubuntu/Debian), REST APIâs, Docker, and ZFS.
- Deep understanding of how to monitor infrastructure and cloud health, what metrics are important, and how they affect performance
- Familiarity with CPU benchmarking methods and tooling such as SPECint and Iometer
- Strong scripting and automations development experience with tooling such as Terraform, Ansible and Python
- Experience with CI/CD practices, agile methodologies, version control, (Gitlab experience a plus)
- Strong skills in network management services such as DHCP and DNS
- Deep experience working with HTTP, RESTful APIs and JSON processing
- Experience with bare-metal automation tooling such as Canonical MaaS, TinkerBell andOpenstack Ironic preferred
- Experience with infrastructure orchestrators and schedulers such as Kubernetes, Compose and Nomad preferred
- General purpose coding experience, ideally with Go preferred
- Familiar with Dev and Sec Ops and SRE approaches and practices preferred
US salary range: $100,000 – $200,000
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon’s mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry. We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that âlife happensâ and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/178261→