Civis Analytics is a data science technology company headquartered in Chicago and backed by leading investors (including Drive Capital, Eric Schmidt, Alumni Ventures, Verizon, WPP, and other private investors).
Civisâ vision is to be the analytics platform for the data-driven campaign. Our customers use Civis technology for every decision in the audience campaign journey – from identifying the most persuasive messages and finding their best audience segments, to measuring if their marketing campaigns are working – all in one place. Our goal is for every organization – from companies to governments to nonprofits – rely on Civis to drive the most targeted, transparent, and measurable audience campaigns on earth.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to maintain and build out a scalable internal IT program. At Civis, IT enables the productivity of our employees by ensuring they have the tools needed to perform their roles effectively and securely. IT administers hardware and software to employees, oversees IT office equipment in our Chicago office, enforces our data security policy, stays informed of new IT system-related security threats, and other day-to-day IT-related issues. The IT Manager will be responsible for managing internal IT support to all Civis employees and ensuring that their technology, and our office technology infrastructure functions efficiently and effectively. This position will be a part of our Chicago-based technology team. This is a hands-on management role in which you will tackle some tasks directly, while balancing team workload, engagement with other departments, and routine managerial duties. This role will report to the CTO.
We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of experience in IT with at least 1 year in a manager role
- Expertise managing MacBooks using mobile device management software like Jamf Pro
- Experience providing oversight and operational management for critical IT tools such as Okta, GSuite, Github, Slack, Code42, JIRA, Confluence
- Proficient with a scripting language such as Python or Bash
- Experience in mentoring and developing IT team members
- Proven ability to maintain, review, and improve IT operational processes
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current, relevant, and effective
- Effectively negotiate and maintain vendor relationships and contracts
- Ability to train and support employees, and communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees
- Familiarity with compliance and audit standards (e.g., SOC2, FedRAMP, etc)
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Experience using a version control system such as Git
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Travis CI, or Docker Hub automated builds
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although itâs likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideasâno matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our companyâand each otherâgrow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.â¨
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything youâd like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other’s differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/151380→