Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
Summary: The Law and Policy Intern with the State Health Policy team will conduct a legal and regulatory scan in support of ASTHOâs Overdose Data to Action program.
- Utilizes legislative and regulatory tracking service to identify relevant laws relating to the opioid crisis and preventing overdose.
- Assists with the drafting of reports and/or blogposts relating to their research.
- Assists with other projects as assigned.
- Current law student or recent law graduate. Coursework in administrative law preferred. Experience or interest in working on public health related issues is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, manage multiple projects and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Fiscal Note, Casemaker as well as basic knowledge of other software applications (e.g., association management systems, desktop publishing, etc.)
About Us: ASTHO is the national nonprofit organization representing the public health agencies of the United States, the U.S. territories and Freely Associated States, and the District of Columbia, as well as the more than 100,000 public health professionals these agencies employ. ASTHO members, the chief health officials of these jurisdictions, are dedicated to formulating and influencing sound public health policy and to ensuring excellence in public health practice. ASTHO is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia with a regional office in Atlanta, GA. ASTHO was incorporated on March 23, 1942 with the goal of helping health officials navigate a rapidly changing public health landscape and remains a strong voice in governmental public health.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: ASTHO is an all-encompassing diverse and inclusive organization that respects and celebrates every personâs strengths, assets, and values, eliminating inequities and biases in all facets of activities and operations. ASTHO is committed to leading organizational change efforts that support racial healing, racial justice, and transformation within state and territorial public health agencies.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy: As a Public Health organization, ASTHO accepts the responsibility to follow CDC guidelines and advisories relating to the health of all. ASTHO has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy applicable to all ASTHO employees to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/120798→