Seasoned is a fast-growing, well-funded startup focused on impacting the restaurant industry. As a two-sided marketplace, we focus on improving the livelihoods of deserving hourly professionals through access to careers, content, and connections by matching them with excellent work opportunities. We reduce the effort of screening applications and scheduling interviews through innovative features that automate most of the managerâs process, thus saving time and cost of hiring quality candidates which also allows the manager to focus on their daily duties at the restaurant.
The leadership team at Seasoned comes with experienced restaurant industry veterans and is supplemented with technology experts with a big focus on building rich, disruptive, customer-friendly product experiences via mobile applications and websites.
Seasoned intentionally cultivates a workforce that includes a myriad of cultural identity dimensions – representing but not limited to race, ethnicity, age, physical and mental ability, sexuality, and gender identity/expression. As a company that prides itself on creating equity and inclusion for our clients, customers, and employees, we understand that making a positive impact on an industry like hospitality requires diverse backgrounds, voices, and perspectives at the table.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for aÂ Lead Android EngineerÂ to help us use the latest technology to build high quality products. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the technical direction, modernization, and evolution of our Native Android application while also contributing cross-functionally. For us, this entails working with other teams, tech stacks, and functions within the company to ensure the experience for our users is completely unmatched for our two-sided marketplace.
Seasoned is mobile-first with endless amounts of users. Native App development is a big priority here with a lot of resources at your disposal. In terms of development, there is also room for advancement whether you wish to continue to pursue a technical career or take the first (or continued) steps towards management.
Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integrations with back-end services. You will be working closely with the product, design, analytics teams, and other developers at various levels of the infrastructure. Your commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design while creating a world-class quality product is paramount.
This position is primarily remote.
Applicants must be based in the United States at this time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Translate designs, wireframes, product specs into high-quality code.
- Estimate, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop, review and debug code, following a high standard for quality code, test coverage, comments, collaboration, and avoiding shortcuts
- Document development processes and monitor systems
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to build and improve products
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Provide innovative solutions to complex business problems
What you’ll bring:
- 5 + years of experience building and delivering Android applications
- Strong understanding of Kotlin and Java
- 2 or more apps in the Play Store
- Experience leading a significant app effort or senior member of a large app development team.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experience with concurrent programming and multi-threaded designs.
- Nice to have, but not required: GraphQL, microservices with Node.js, AWS.
- Ability to create Android module, library and integrate third-party SDKs and libraries
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience working with product and engineering teams on all phases of a productâs lifecycle (planning through retrospective)
- Strong attention to detail.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range – $180-220k USD
- Full Health Care, Dental, VisionÂ
- Paid Parental Leave
- Home Office Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- 401k Match
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/120850→