Jam.gg is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. Jam.gg is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Jam.gg is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures and has already established itself as a new go-to platform for cloud gaming in some countries.Â
We’re at the stage where we’re scaling our Product Department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company of 60+ people in its hyper growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Lead Product Designer to manage our growing Design team.
Location:Â Entirely remote. The candidate must be based in Europe within +/- 2 hours of CET time zone.
Start date:Â As soon as possible
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the whole Design function: product branding, visual styling, user experience research and design for the entire product offering
- Manage and hire our team of designers, helping them grow and develop their skills and career. Gauge performance of individual contributors, and have candid conversations focused on helping them improve
- Take feedback and continuously improve yourself as a design leader and to help set team and individual goals
- Foster collaboration within the product team to fast track our user research workstream, helping design and product beef up our discovery efforts.
- Help designers get organized, and collaborate with the development team (PMs, POs, Devs, QA)
- Represent Jamâs design culture both internally and externally
- Develop design processes to scale design thinking
- Ensure the team is delivering great design quickly, predictably, and with appropriately defined scope;
- Remain hands-on to lead specific projects and efforts when needed;
- Know empathy is the most important design skill you possess;
- Guide the team towards simple and intuitive solutions for our customers;
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process;
- Be responsible for all user experiences across the product, and ensure that everything Jam puts out meets our high standard of design.
What we are looking for:
- Understand technical products, and are excited to take complicated problems and make them simple for our customers to control and manage
- Scrappy enough to dive into the details and work through particularly tough problems yourself
- Strong proven experience of hands-on experience of Product Design, especially with a B2C platform, including visual design as well as user research and prototyping
- Highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design
- Ready to question assumptions and previous decisions whether they are in the product or in business decisions
- Some experience of managing a team of designers and/or UX/UI researchers
- A track record of creating great usable products and of design leadership, including running workshops
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products
- 6+ years of experience as a hands-on Product Designer working across a wide range of products and driving creative solutions
- 3+ years of direct experience managing design teams â you are skilled at mentoring and growing designers, and have experience as a people leader
- Great communication skills
- A good understanding of the streaming platform industry is a plus
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance calculated on the prorata of the days worked monthly.Â
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks) with 1 year seniority and after deduction of the maternity and paternity leave regulations in your country.Â
- Maternity/Paternity subsidy of 3k euros with 1 year seniority.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company’s policy.
- Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.
We will be pleased to receive your application and wish you the best of luck.
At the heart of Jam.ggâs mission is the creation ofÂ a new way to share gamesÂ with friends and family: a free online place for gamers to play and hangout together, with video cameras, bringing back the golden era ofÂ multiplayer couch gaming. In a world of constraining internet connections and paid services, we think differently: we are building a free, âlow-techâ friendly platform for everyone to jump in, directly from their browser. Our platform is social by design and packed with fun games curated by our community. We want to create new virtual social spaces that fundamentally diverge from today’s typical social networks, focusing a lot less on appearance and a lot more on experience. We are building a social gaming platform for gamers and for developers, opening new ways to interact with their community.
Our startup has been growing very quickly since the end of 2020, attracting more thanÂ 60 international talentsÂ from developers and social media experts to designers. In June 2021, we introduced our cloud gaming beta platform featuring 80+ licensed games, including titles from industry-renowned publishers such as Arc System Works, Interplay, Team 17, Coatsink and Data East.Â Our portfolio is rapidly evolving, with more than 25 free modern party titles arriving on the platform this year, from Overcooked to Blasphemous!Â
Discovered and supported byÂ Y Combinator (Twitch, Reddit, Stripe, etc), our board of advisors include former SEGA CEO Kenji Matsubara, Zynga co-founders Justin Waldron and Tom Bollich, Crunchyrollâs Kun Gao, and Humble Bundleâs Jeffrey Rosen. Our last round was led by LEGO Ventures and top gaming VC firms.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/149314→