QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nationâs leading institutions.
As an aggregator of excellence for over 25 years, QuestBridge is seeking seasoned Life & Career Coaches to partner with us on a part-time consulting basis. Coaches act as guides to empower students in their personal and professional journeys, propelling them into their next stage of life. Coaches are expected to dedicate 10-14 hours per month to this program over the course of 12 months, from November 2022 – November 2023.
Leveraging a transformative curriculum that emboldens Scholars to build meaningful, holistic, and fulfilling lives, Life & Career Coaches help Scholars gain insight into their strengths and values, explore career paths, and build practical skills to support them in becoming conscientious job seekers and global citizens ready to make lasting contributions.
Support two (2) Scholars by
- Meeting with each Scholar 2 – 4 times per month, virtually and/or in-person
- Encouraging Scholar self-discovery and personal growth through topics such as career exploration, leadership and identity development, mentorship, finance and wealth building, and mental health
- Promoting wellness
- Assisting Scholars in leveraging strategies to overcome challenges
- Facilitating connections and opportunities for Scholars to further their development
- Empowering Scholars to find their own solutions
- Participating in an orientation and regular meetings to provide reliable and personalized support to Scholars
- Connecting virtually with QB team members and fellow Coaches on a monthly basis
- Providing monthly progress reports and summaries based on partnership with Scholars
- Supporting the QB team with additional projects and tasks as needed
- Bachelorâs degree and at least 8+ years of professional experience
- Experience supporting people early in their career search
- Ability to meaningfully connect with high-achieving Scholars from low-income backgrounds
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple clients while maintaining a high level of organization and professionalism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, independently resourceful, and a quick study, with a keen sense of accountability
- Warm, positive personality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to encourage introspection, connection, and ambition
- Deep commitment to diversity, working with Scholars from diverse backgrounds
- Dedication to the goals and mission of QuestBridge
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity
- Polished, professional demeanor and communication style
- Ability to incorporate feedback
- Strong track record of successfully handling sensitive information and situations
Hours and Location of Work
This is a part-time consultant position, requiring approximately 10 – 14 hours/month, for 12 months. The position is remote within the U.S.
Payment will be made monthly and is a project based fee. Coaches will also receive a one-time orientation and training fee.
Apply by uploading your resume and thoughtful cover letter. The priority application deadline is September 9.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we ask that candidates kindly refrain from calling or sending paper applications. Thank you for your interest in partnering with QuestBridge.
QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/120503→