Headquarters: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Integration Engineer supports and performs feasibility, analytical, and QA of all health care organization interfaces, including data mapping, data translations and transformations. The position will manage all documentation and ensure system integrity, compatibility, standardization, and maintenance of data interfaces including intermediary services and direct integration with various participant EHR applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Provides interface design (data mapping, translation, and transformation specifications) and
architectural services for new and existing projects leveraging middleware and direct integrations
• Create and modify system participation requirements and system metrics to maintain optimized
• Designs and develop application services for re-use across multiple projects.
• Develops computer testing and audit policies for all integrations to ensure interfaces are passing data accurately.
• Maintains a library of all required standard vocabularies and nomenclatures used in normalizing
inbound and outbound data feeds.
• Evaluate any and all new integration projects with the ability to provide an estimated level of effort an cost estimate
• Ongoing evaluation of emerging integration technology, tools, and compliance standards.
• Engineering background and experience with Ruby on Rails, JAVA Script development required.
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to impact on all
• Strong working knowledge of HL7, Smart on FHIR, SAML and/or other secure patient data transmission standards.
• Strong working knowledge of healthcare clinical workflows and billing needs.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and allocate assigned resources to ensure
projects are efficiently and effectively completed.
• Sophisticated professional standards with the ability to clearly communicate high-level strategy as well as detailed project plans.
· Ability to project manage all integration projects and balance competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively, meet deadlines and thrive in a multi-task environment
· High-level of self-motivation and accountability to work in a largely remote environment as an individual contributor on east coast time.
· 5-10 years of experience in the design, development, maintenance, and support of electronic data interfaces in health care with a strong working knowledge of healthcare data transmission standards (HL7 & FHIR) and SSO integration using SAML, SCIM, or similar protocols
· Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, computer science OR a related field or a combination of engineering experience and demonstrated skills to do the job.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Locus is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/locus-health-integration-engineer
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/locus-health-integration-engineer→