Headquarters: Washington, DC
The primary mission of the Senior Software Engineer is to build an end-to-end learner experience that feels trustworthy, accessible, and personal. The Senior Software Engineer will report directly to the VP of Engineering and work primarily with other engineers, designers and product managers in the Product team within Merit America.
- Work on full stack projects for both the learner and coach experience
- Integrate internal and external platforms, data sources, and tools
- Instrument and build infrastructure to support experimentation and data analysis
- Participate in code reviews and build out our development environment
- Shape the engineering and product culture at Merit America.
- Serves as a technical lead on medium to large sized projects
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers
- Investigate and resolve complex software bugs
- Help plan, technically direct, and implement new features across the product
We know that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies.
- 3+ years of experience writing high-quality code to build services, APIs, and web applications
- 3+ years of experience developing apps, integrating other services and writing plugins
- Deep knowledge and practical application of data infrastructure and data-intensive workflows.
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Strong belief in being an engineer first but have a perspective on product strategy and design
- Passion about software and ability to translate that passion for less technical audiences.
- Reputation of being scrappy and resourceful but not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- Knowledge and experience in a few programming languages
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Comfort with the speed of change that comes from working at an early-stage startup.
- Energized by the potential of making lasting impact and committed to our organizational mission.
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for our collective success
- This position is fulltime
- The annual salary for this role is $142,700
- This is a remote position
All employees receive the following perks:
- Phone stipend
- Tech stipend
- Personal development stipend
- Home office supplies stipend
In addition to the above, full time employees receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (100% Paid Employee Only Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Health reimbursement Account fully funded by Merit
- Education reimbursement
- Short and long-term disability
- Unlimited PTO (and yes we require you to use it)
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption benefits
- 10 federally recognized holidays
- 2 Week Holiday Office Closure in December/January
- 401(k) retirement plan with company automatic Merit contribution
- Employee Assistance Program | Talkspace | Sanvello
Remote Work & Sponsorship
Candidates must reside within the U.S. and have full authorization to work in the U.S. In addition, Merit America doesn’t offer employment visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Building an inclusive, high-performing team that is diverse across lines of personal identity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This means we do not discriminate against any job applicant or employee because of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
We actively strive and evolve to develop and maintain workspaces that are fully inclusive. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Still excited about our work? You can learn more about our work in this video we made with our founding partner, Google.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/merit-america-senior-software-engineer-fully-remote-1→