Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
Experienced Full Stack Dev using Ruby on Rails the Rails Way! (No React)
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for an Experienced Full Stack Developer to join us at Nearcut. You will join a small team dedicated to building impactful and maintainable software. No day will be the same – you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks across the business. Your opinions and ideas will shape the future of the company.
As an Experienced Full Stack Developer, you will collaborate closely with our technical founder and our designer. Your work will impact millions of customers and help us to continue to expand across Europe. You will be responsible for delivering high quality and fully tested features.
Our product is built on Ruby on Rails. Our stack includes Rspec, MySQL, Docker Compose, Rubocop and Stimulus. We build software the Rails way and are not concerned with the latest JS framework craze. Currently, we use Ruby 2.7 and Rails 6.0. Four years ago we adopted Test Driven Development in all of our work and our test suite covers around 95% of our code base, keeping bugs to an absolute minimum and allowing us to focus on new features. We have built our own component system using Github’s View Component gem. When it comes to CSS, we use BEM.
- You have at least 3 years of professional software development experience in Ruby on Rails
- You have at least 5 years of professional software development experience
- You work using test driven development in all of your work
- You have used Stimulus before in a project
- You are very comfortable writing clean HTML/CSS
- You don’t like React
- You have a passion for building beautiful object-oriented software
- You have implemented numerous full-stack features in production applications from scratch
- You take an active interest in best practices
- You enjoy learning new skills and tackling different technical challenges
- You are attentive to problems and want to help customers succeed
- You have experience working in startups
- You can be available for some core hours in the European time zone
- Implement new features, using TDD and refactoring your work to meet best practices
- Review tests and refactor sub-standard code as you come across it
- Investigate and fix bugs
- Implement new View Components using HTML/CSS/Stimulus
- Offer feedback on code reviews to help others to improve
- Iterate and tailor your work based on feedback from customers and colleagues
Your first month
- Gain in-depth knowledge of our product and understand our development cycle by:
- Reviewing our existing codebase
- Reviewing other developers’ pull requests
- Based on Figma designs, build and deploy at least one new fully tested feature
Benefits of our working environment
- Remote-first: We are a remote-first company without an in person office. We trust our employees to work flexibility and autonomously to efficiently meet business goals.
- Flexible working hours: Aside from a couple of weekly meetings and availability during core hours, we are happy for you to complete your work whenever you’re most productive.
- Close team: Although we work remotely, our team is close knit and colleagues are always there to help one another.
- Great customer feedback: Our customers are small business owners who are very appreciative of the work that we do to solve problems in their businesses
- Bootstrapped: We have never raised external capital. We have no distractions from past or future investors. We’re entirely focused helping our customers and we’re taking our time to build a reliable product and grow sustainably.
- Holidays: We provide 25 holiday days per year, in addition to Berlin region public holidays.
We’re a small team and we’re passionate about being a great company to work with and work for.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/nearcut-rails-stimulus-dev-the-rails-way
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/nearcut-rails-stimulus-dev-the-rails-way→