Strike’s mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no fees.
Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoinâs open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native neobanking experience.
As part of Strikeâs small legal team, you will help shape the legal, product, and business strategy for a fast-growing fintech company. Weâre seeking an attorney with financial services, product counseling, and/or in-house tech company experience. This cross-functional role blends product, regulatory, and commercial counsel responsibilities, and requires an autodidactic mindset to tackle legal issues in collaboration with a range of internal teams.
The ideal candidate should thrive working in a fast-paced startup environment and be excited about Strikeâs mission and potential. You must be comfortable with a team-first approach in a remote work environment.
- Navigate a complex regulatory and commercial landscape to help design innovative products and services in various countries.
- Provide end-to-end product counseling on payments- and banking-related products in partnership with a range of internal teams, including Product, Business, Engineering and Data Science, Compliance, CX, Comms, and Marketing.
- Negotiate and finalize commercial agreements from a variety of domains.
- Build and improve template agreements.
- Research novel legal questions and provide clear and actionable guidance to internal clients.
- Coordinate, draft, and review written communications to regulators.
- Build processes to improve the legal teamâs and the companyâs operating efficiency and mitigate legal risk.
- Member of a US State Bar
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity and experience with payments and banking industry legal issues and applicable requirements and regulations, including NACHA Rules, card network rules, etc.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and organization
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to learn new software and cloud-based tools as needed
- 8+ years of legal work experience
- At least one of the following work experiences:
- Top law firm or state or federal clerkships
- Financial regulator at the state or federal level
- In-house legal teams at technology companies (ideally fintech)
- Experience in the cryptocurrency or payments space
- Experience working with outside counsel in international contexts
- Experience with commercial relationships relevant to fintech
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/232249→