Have you ever wanted to be behind the scenes on set?
Are you passionate about learning?
Do you relish the prospect of producing top-notch online courses?
If so, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
My name’s Valeria and I’m head of production at Praxis Continuing Education and Training.
At Praxis, we provide the absolute best in evidence-based training for mental health professionals. We are the premier Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) training facilitator in the U.S., and are part of the movement to revolutionize psychology and medical treatment globally – spreading a form of psychology that at its very core is equalizing and humanizing.
I’m looking for a confident, problem-solving, decisive, reliable person to join my team as Production Coordinator. You would be working directly with me (and our Production Assistant) to organize and run shoots for our on-demand courses.
You will be:
- Coordinating photography shoots for our busy trainers
- Managing the logistics for the course shoots – from booking flights and accommodation to vetting studio options and meeting with our video director to discuss the shoot needs
- Personally attending (and eventually running) the course shoots in the United States.
- Assisting me throughout the post-production process; managing communication with video editors, ensuring deadlines are met, overseeing the loading of content to our platform, etc.
We’re a remote company so you’d have the freedom to work from anywhere in the U.S., but you will need to be available to travel to each of our shoots. We film 5–7 courses per year and each shoot is 4–6 days, including travel.
The position will start with training at around 10–15 hours per week but increase to something approximating full-time within one or two months.
Hourly rate: $26–33 USD depending on experience.
We’re a great company to join. Here’s why…
- We believe in nurturing people to fulfill their potential and investing in their professional growth
- You’ll be part of an unbelievably engaged team and get to work with and learn from world-class experts in the psychology field
- You’ll have the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
- You’ll be a part of a values-based company. Your work will go beyond producing courses: you’ll be a key player in helping mental health professionals improve their patients’ lives.
Our ideal candidate…
- Has good self-directed time management and organizational skills
- Has grit and determination to solve problems and learn new skills
- Can be both a “maker” (rolling up your sleeves to do things) and a manager – and is able to switch between the two effortlessly
- Can guide smooth handoffs between team members
- Gets excited about learning new things
- Has some experience with video productions or online courses (but don’t be put off from applying if this is not the case)
You will need to…
– Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
– Welcome revisions and embrace feedback
– Be comfortable with and eager to travel for the course shoots (this involves being flexible and occasionally working weekends for shoots/events, with time off the following week)
– Be a clear and capable communicator. Great English and attention to detail are essential.
– Be someone we will love working with!
Nearly all of our communication is written (we use Basecamp and are big fans of it), but we do have a weekly status update meeting.
Don’t meet all of our requirements? That’s fine, as there’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. I would still love to hear from you if you have 75% of what we’re looking for.
Please email [email protected]
with the subject line “Production Coordinator Role” and include a short note letting us know your background and experience and why you think you would be a good fit.
Don’t include a CV or resume – all that matters is whether you can do the job. But feel free to highlight credentials that you think will assist you in the role.
We know that the more diverse our team, the better we are at solving problems, learning from one another, and gaining different perspectives. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you think you could be a good fit, please reach out before February 6. The sooner you apply, the better chance you’ll have. (Any applications that come in after the deadline will be considered only if the position has yet to be filled.)
We won’t be able to get back to everyone, but those whose notes stand out will be invited to take part in the next phase.
We will pick one candidate from interviews to begin a paid two-week trial (to assess on-the-job performance and cultural fit) to then move ahead with the role.
No agencies, please. We’re looking for an individual we can help grow and nurture in their career.
Thank you for considering the position and reading until this point. If you’re feeling on the fence about applying: please do.
Best of luck, and I look forward to hearing from you!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/praxis-continuing-education-and-training-wanted-jack-jill-of-all-trades-to-coordinate-production-of-our