Are you inspired by âwhatâs nextâ? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the worldâs largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve peopleâs lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Study Director reports to the VP of Lithium Development Projects and is responsible for planning, tracking, reporting, monitoring, and task assigning and self-performance of project activities assuring that the overall project study requirements are met in accordance with the Albemarle project study framework.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Formulate a project study deliverables plan
- Assign required internal and external resources to the study plan
- Management of project resources through the study cycle, coordination and administration, utilizing the Albemarle standards specific to the phase of the project
- Conduct regular performance reviews and assessments to track progress to plan and provide accurate progress updates to Albemarle Management, in specific earnt value of work completed and forecasted, forecasted future financial outflows for financial year planning
- Compile regular (monthly, quarterly, yearly) progress reports and portfolio updates as may be required by the Albemarle project management office and finance department
- Set in place the formulation of the key building blocks of a project study in accordance with the specific study phase criteria contained in the Albemarle APP to support an investment case.
The key items specifically of focus for the study manager to assemble, coordinate or create include:
- The Opportunity/Problem Statement
- The alternatives considered to produce an investment case
- The technical solutions or technologies available in support of the proposed alternatives
- Business risk assessment of the alternatives and project scope
- Defining the ultimate project scope
- Project Approval approach
- Project execution strategy and plan
- Project time and cost estimates
- Project risk assessments for each phase, and outcomes ranging, and
- Financial modeling and investment case compilation
- Coordinate the study outputs and document in the format of a study report and recommendations,
- Manage the process of internal and external reviews of the project study report, project peer reviews and risk reviews
- Provide project leadership to deliver sustainable outcomes whilst achieving project delivery on âtimeâ on âbudgetâ on âscopeâ
- Ensure conformance with the Albemarle Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- Candidate will be a high energy, collaborative individual who aspires to find creative ways to solve problems, answer questions, and improve processes.
- Bachelorâs Degree in Engineering
- Post Grad Project Management Studies
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the chemical/petro-chemical/mining industry
- Must be able to travel as needed to support project activities
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Ability to work with wide organization levels of engineering, construction and plant personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies
- Knowledge of approval for work permits and process
- Ability to develop and drive multi criteria assessments and framework to select the preferred option
- Familiar with engineering and construction documents
- Ability to supervise multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to drive collaboration in cross functional teams
- Knowledge of project controls and cost forecasting
- Ability to prepare and analyze critical path schedules
- Understanding of engineering and construction productivity measurement
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and construction cost structure
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment, and
- Knowledge of construction safety requirements and measurement
Nice To Have
- Familiar with equipment (kilns, scrubbers, centrifuges, filter presses, pumps, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, mixers, conveyors, dryers) used in the chemical processing industry
- Familiar with applicable codes, requirements, standards, etc., for European regulations
- Basic knowledge of materials management, procurement, receiving, warehousing, etc.
- Basic knowledge of engineering document control, and
- Experience with SAP Project Module and other basic SAP transactions.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/121373→