As Product Manager for Client Solutions at Rarely Decaf, you’ll take a central role in transforming our clients’ business needs into customized web applications.
You’ll work closely with our founder (👋 Hi! You can learn more about me here), clients, UX/UI designer, and our developer(s) to manage the process of turning businesses processes into bespoke web applications, making a tangible impact on our clients’ businesses.
As Rarely Decaf’s first full-time Product Manager, you’ll be instrumental in improving our product development systems and culture, and you’ll have the autonomy to forge your own career path within the company as we grow. Potential directions include evolving into a Product Strategy Lead or Client Success Lead for client engagements, for example.
In this role, you will collaborate with the founder of Rarely Decaf to…
- Engage with clients to discover and understand their business needs, analyzing their processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Transform clients’ workflows, spreadsheets, and processes into comprehensive workflow diagrams, user stories, and low-fidelity mockups.
- Coordinate with UX/UI designers and developers, acting as the client’s voice throughout the project lifecycle.
- Draft user stories, product requirements, and tests, ensuring they align with client expectations.
- Test new features and functionality, providing quality control and feedback to developers and UI/UX designers.
- Monitor and coordinate bug fixes with developers and clients.
We welcome all applications from candidates across the Americas, Europe, and Africa, reflecting our dedication to cultivating a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
This approach allows us to collaborate with any exceptional talent that may live in any time zones with sufficient overlap for calls with clients and colleagues.
Essential skills and experience
- Fluent, professional written and spoken english
- 3+ years of experience working at small startups
- 2+ years of experience in product management roles and managing software development sprints
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies and concepts
- Excellent, concise, and savvy communication skills: you should have experience communicating through a variety of mediums, such as project management tools (ex. ClickUp) and design tools (ex. Figma) as well as be comfortable sending and receiving screencasts/Loom videos.
- Familiar with automation tools (ex. Zapier)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for reviewing business processes
- Comfortable working in a flexible, asynchronous, and remote-first environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Understanding of low-code and no-code development platforms, such as WeWeb and Xano
- Familiarity with the technical aspect of how web applications work
- Understanding of industry trends and technologies in the SaaS space
- Competitive market compensation.
- Embrace a flexible, 35-hour work week that emphasizes a healthy work-life balance.
- Enjoy 30 days of paid vacation, accumulating 3 days per month. Please note that this would include whatever local holidays you might take.
- Experience an asynchronous-first, calm, and deep work environment that draws inspiration from successful remote companies like Doist, Buffer, and GitLab. You can read more about the async-first philosophy here.
- Benefit from a learning and productivity stipend to make your work and personal life easier. For example, we’ll pay for AI tools like ChatGPT.
- Seize opportunities for professional growth and development in a role where you could advance as the strategic lead of client projects.
Why you might be a good fit:
- You thrive in a flexible, asynchronous-first, remote-first work environment.
- You’re highly curious, comfortable asking lots of questions and seeking out information from different stakeholders.
- You like to bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant digital solutions.
- You appreciate collaborating with clients (synchronously and asynchronously) to address their business needs through technology.
- You value well-organized processes and systems.
- You’re interested in shaping the culture of a growing company.
Why you might not be a good fit:
- You’re not keen on working closely with clients.
- You prefer synchronous and in-person communication over written and asynchronous methods.
- You’re unenthusiastic about learning and analyzing business processes.
- You dislike writing, diagramming, and whiteboarding.
- You feel more comfortable working within established processes rather than shaping them.
- You seek a role within a large, structured organization.
- You struggle with decision-making without specific instructions or guidance.
- You live outside of our hiring geography: Latin America, Europe, or Africa
We understand that no candidate is perfect and that people can bring valuable skills, qualities, and perspectives even if they don’t meet every single requirement listed.
If you’re passionate about the role and believe you can make a positive contribution to Rarely Decaf, we encourage you to apply.
We have a 4-step application process.
Step 1: Submit an initial application
Complete the online application form, providing your personal information, location, resume, written submission, English level, video submission, and any optional additional information you’d like to share with us.
Step 2: Interview
If your initial application meets our criteria, we’ll invite you to a Zoom interview focused on getting a better idea of your communication skills, product management experience, and if there is a culture fit.
Step 3: Paid project
Candidates who successfully pass the interview stage will be asked to complete a paid project relevant to the role, allowing us to assess your ability to perform tasks in a real-world scenario and under specific project conditions.
Step 4: Trial period
Upon successful completion of the paid project, candidates may be offered a 1-month part-time trial period to further evaluate their performance within the team, adapt to our work environment, and ensure there is a strong mutual fit.
If you’re not a great fit, but you know someone who may be, please refer them! If they accept a full-time offer, we’ll pay you $500. Just make sure they include your name on the application as their referral and make sure you email me ([email protected]) with proof of the referral. A screenshot of you reaching out to them in a text, email, DM, etc. is enough.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/rarely-decaf-product-manager-client-solutions
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/rarely-decaf-product-manager-client-solutions→