School of Traditional Skills
Headquarters: Bonners Ferry, ID
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience’s needs
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Class topic selection based off of market research
- Overseeing selection process of the classes and instructors
- Working with the instructor to prepare for class filming.
- Working with Video Production, Photography, and other Production Team Members to produce the video classes.
- Class design with instructors, using the School of Traditional Skills methodology.
- Traveling to be onsite for filming, giving direction when needed for continuity of class and accuracy of information.
- Working with post production editing, overseeing delivery of the final product.
- Optimizing classes to best facilitate student learning
- Creation of documentation for the full team’s involvement in the class.
- Lead in the creation of PDF Skill Sheets, to support the video classes with additional information.
- Creation of Curriculum for our monthly webinars, that support the sales of the classes.
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Proven working experience in instructional design
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Exceptional, empathetic, and approachable written and verbal communication skills.
- Mastery of Google’s G Suite of products including Gmail, Docs, and Drive.
- Proficiency with virtual meeting and collaboration software and tools.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing requirements and emerging opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate with co-located and remote team members and clients.
- Ability to learn and apply new systems, technologies, and workflows.
- Understanding of the homesteading and traditional skills niche
- Deep understanding of the design of curriculum, specifically for video classes.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar recommended, but not required.
- Competitive compensation, with annual reviews and merit increases.
- Two weeks paid vacation (plus another week during Winter Break).
- Company-sponsored Training and Development program
- Remote-First Opportunity
- Paid Holidays Holiday Calendar + Flex Remote Work Initiative
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/school-of-traditional-skills-instructional-designer-for-online-education→