Search Engineer – Frontend
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. Weâve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And weâre just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us whatâs true and whatâs not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave Search is looking for talent to make search.brave.com better. Your work will impact the future of search to be used by millions of people. Brave search engine is fully autonomous and independent with its own ranking, crawling and indexes, aiming to offer a true alternative to Microsoft and Google. Plenty of challenges, if that triggers you and feel you can contribute, do not hesitate to apply.
As a Frontend Engineer you will be part of our search team and work very closely with our Design, Product, Business Development and Marketing teams.
Search is a very performance-sensitive application and you will be responsible for front-end, and some back-end, development. You will own, build, and develop new and existing capabilities into the search page.
- Communicate with Design, Product to determine requirements and assets for functionality on the Brave Search web application.
- Maintain existing components and features on Brave Search.
- Effectively translate designs into performant and fully responsive pages or apps. This occasionally involves offering design suggestions in order to better accommodate various screen sizes.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability.
- Keeping us to a high security standard
- Work collaboratively with geographically-distributed team members to help identify and fix bugs
Anywhere, but European timezones preferred (or at least a significant overlap with European timezones).
- Advanced knowledge of Python.
- Experience working with a design team to implement a front-end design system.
- Experience developing API Gateways.
- Experience working with a front-end framework/library such as React, Vue, Angular, or Svelte.
- Experience building a responsive website across various screen sizes
- Understanding of security issues surrounding all aspects of the front-end
- Ability to work fast and under tight deadlines
Nice to haves
- Remote work experience
- Experience with Svelte.
- Understanding CDN systems, cache purging
- Experience deploying and managing AWS services and web apps
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team thatâs innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
United States Candidates: The salary range for this role is $70,000 – $200,000 USD, depending on experience.
Check us out
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/234741→