Syndica is a developer infrastructure company building the cloud of web3. We are dedicated to building developer infrastructure that just works. Syndica offers highly scalable RPC node infrastructure, with advanced logging and analytics.
We are backed by strategic partners, investors, and advisors who are all-in on our mission: Chamath of Social Capital, Sam Bankman-Fried of Alameda Research, Solana Ventures, and many more.
This role will have the primary accountability of designing, implementing, and operating Syndicaâs blockchain infrastructure platform. Rust knowledge is a necessity! The team operates with a ârun what you writeâ philosophy and each engineer is responsible for deploying and operating the code they write.
A successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in at least one programming language (preferably Go, Rust or C++), and previous work in SaaS application development and operations. You will be working closely with the Support and Development team on the architecture and configuration of our AWS and GCP hosted infrastructure. You will be responsible to ensure the environment is built, deployed, configured, managed, and monitored correctly to support the business. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, or GCP via Kubernetes.
- Design, creation, and provisioning of infrastructure
- Write beautiful maintainable Rust code
- Create modular and extensible micro-services to support the platform
- Build a reliable fault-tolerant service
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, to operating environment, network, and application
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity, and establish the appropriate scalability plans
- Troubleshoot and solve customer platform issues
- Ensure that SLAs are met in executing operational tasks
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while defining and adhering to industry best practices
- 3+ years related professional experience using Rust
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana for metrics aggregation/visualization is plus
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools is plus
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Central Time Zone – UTC -6
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Some working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
What does success in this role look like?
- In three months, you have become one of our lead Rust developers. Youâll have taken on independent code review responsibilities and are collaborating on the design of new features
- In six months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with minimal guidance, and are helping to effectively mentor new engineers joining the team
- In twelve months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery without cutting corners – we love clean, maintainable code 🙂
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/175280→