Weâre looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. Weâre building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe’s largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
Weâre based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, weâre happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
We are seeking a full-time backend engineer to build a securities API for financial institutions, the first such API in Europe. Your goal is to take ownership of designing, developing and maintaining our microservice architecture (written in Go).
Responsibilities we’ll trust you with:
- Designing and building fault-tolerant, horizontally scalable systems using Microservice architecture powered by Docker, Kubernetes, LinkerD service mesh, and Kong as a Gateway
- Building event-driven applications using Kafka
- Working on different aspects of our API-product portfolio
- Developing data processing and storing mechanisms
- Working on improving the reliability of our API tools, as well as developing innovative new tools
- Working with an agile methodology with flexible processes
- Working with the cutting edge technologies (Go is the primary language) without legacy codebase
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience with distributed systems
- Experience in Go (or willingness to make Go your day-to-day language)
- Fluency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL (transaction isolation, performance optimisation)
- Fluency with event-driven architecture and concurrent algorithms
- Being proactive in learning new stacks and having a high sense of ownership
It’s nice if you have:
- Experience with Investment products or Fintech domain in general is a big plus
- Experience in event-driven architectures, event streaming and event sourcing systems.
- Experience with non-SQL databases
- Experience with Docker, k8s, understanding principles of a service mesh
- Experience with Monitoring and Tracing using Datadog (or other modern observability tools)
- We’re working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we’re not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don’t have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there’s a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression > Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others’ opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team > Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome > Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency > Complexity.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/150189→