Our mission is to protect life.
Weâre out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company’s inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us.
In the next few years, we’re going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities.
Weâll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster.
And we won’t stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
Itâs a big mission, but itâs one weâll pursue relentlessly every single day.
This is an entry level role with opportunity for rapid professional growth and the chance to contribute to the success of a software startup with accelerated growth inside a public company. You will collaborate with various departments and teams to position the client for a successful engagement. Come work as a vital member of a client facing, cross-functional team to deliver on the value proposition of our Software Solutions.
Your Day to Day
- Work as a member of the Software Services Team
- Represent Axonâs technical expertise to an agency throughout all stages of software implementation.
- Document an agencyâs technical requirements and make the right technical decisions to accomplish the agencyâs intended outcomes.
- Build customer specific integration pipelines for Extracting Transforming and Loading Digital Evidence and Data from agencies legacy solutions into the Axon SaaS environment.
- Document an agencyâs system-level requirements (e.g. metadata mapping, network and hardware specifications, end-to-end data flows, as well as overall system capacity, performance, recoverability, etc.).
- Assess impact and feasibility of proposed technical solution â including integration into agency environment and lifecycle management â evaluating alternatives and delivering solutions that accomplish agency outcomes.
- Bachelors in a technical or a quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- Proficient SQL Skills: experience writing complex queries and Statements, Data Definitions, Data modeling and Normalization
- Minimum of 5 years experience engineering in a backend language (including Python, SQL, Node.JS, Java, Typescript, or Bash).
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical and systems-level solutions for enterprise software.
- Demonstrated outcome-driven thinking. Can make hard tradeoff assessments.
- Professional engineering certifications from a CSP
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring experience
- Self-starter who thrives with problem-solving and embraces ambiguity
- Enthusiasm and commitment to AXON’s Mission, Core Values, and Program Mission
- Willingness to join forces and drive company-wide initiatives across multiple departments
- Experience with Azure Databricks and/or Azure Data Pipelines
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/151379→