From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanityâs most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum’s performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we’re able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We are hiring a Frontend Engineer to join our Ecosystem pod in building products that drive growth to Optimism. The person in this role will work closely with product, design and analytics teams and have a meaningful impact on the Optimism user experience.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Shape and build products that drive growth of the protocol
- Contribute to iterations on Optimismâs governance and identity work
- Work with launch partners from across the Ethereum ecosystem
- Collect and provide feedback on the Optimism builder experience
- Work with design team to fine-tune the Optimism design system
What skills do you bring?
- A strong background in product-centric software development
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team
- Fluency in React and Typescript with knowledge of current best practices and understanding of the trends and technical progression of web frameworks and design patterns
- Familiarity with front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability
- Experience implementing web experiences for desktop and responsive experiences for mobile
- Knowledge of blockchain fundamentals and the crypto landscape a strong plus
Recent Eosystem Pod projects:
- Quests (onboarding)
- The AttestationStation (identity layer)
- The Optimist NFT (identity layer)
What you’ll like about us:
- We take care of our employeesâfrom fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we’ve got you coveredâlearn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of buildersâour founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and weâre eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. Weâre committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/200893→