Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Single Cell Engineering team builds tools that enable scientists from a broad range of backgrounds to unlock insights from single-cell transcriptomics data. Among the tools we build are visualizations built on top of the 30 million cells we have amassed. These interactive-speed visualizations accelerate the speed at which scientists can query and form hypotheses on understanding how genetic variants in cells impact disease risk, define drug toxicities, and eventually discover better therapies.
As a senior software engineer on the Data Visualization Engineering team, you will design and implement full stack features on our core web application, CELLxGENE Discover, to enable scientists to interrogate further our vast and growing corpus of data without any need to download the data itself or have any computational expertise. You will work on a collaborative, multidisciplinary team to develop solutions for our scientist users to accelerate their workflows and the pace of scientific discovery.
* No prior biology experience is required for this role. You will have the opportunity to pair with Computational Biologists to develop solutions for our users and be able to learn about single-cell biology from experts on our team.
* Our tech stack: Python, Typescript, React, Terraform, AWS infrastructure, TileDB.
- Design, build, and optimize features for our large-scale visualizations to facilitate the reuse of terabytes of single cell transcriptomics data.
- Develop scalable, maintainable, and testable software systems and participate in team conversations and efforts on engineering excellence.
- Collaborate with product managers, computational biologists, UX designers, and other software engineers to deliver constant incremental value for scientists without compromising on software quality.
- Have opportunities to learn about single cell technologies, though no prior experience is required!
- 5+ years of relevant software experience
- Strong fundamentals in systems design, data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming principles.
- Past experience building new features or systems in web- or cloud-based applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to ramp up on technologies and learn a new science domain.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment (engineering, product, design).
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/146837→