Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Senior Systems Engineer is an exciting and important role within the Hosting department at Amwell. The Systems Engineering team supports key infrastructure within Amwellâs data center and cloud environments. Team members work hands-on to support hardware, virtualization platforms, operating systems, and shared network services like storage, mail, logging, DNS, identity management, and configuration management. Our systems support Telehealth services, used to enable health care visits between thousands of patients and providers across the United States and abroad.
- Support production systems on platforms such as ESXi, AWS, and GCP
- Utilize configuration management tools for scalable and repeatable systems management
- Write scripts and utilities to automate common tasks
- Configure, maintain, patch, and troubleshoot Linux operating systems with basic knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Ensure compliance with security and data handling policies to meet PCI, HIPAA, and other standards
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate with peers as an accountable and supportive member of Amwell technology teams
- Participate in 24/7 call rotation and scheduled maintenance tasks
- 5 or more years of experience managing Linux based systems, certifications a plus
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized services
- Experience with on-prem and cloud based virtualization platform compute and storage, such as ESXi, AWS and GCP
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana analytics engine (ELK Stack)
- Solid foundation of TCP/IP networking concepts
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, and Terraform
- Experience managing Identity and Authentication solutions including LDAP, Active Directory, and Multi-Factor Authentication
- Competent writing scripts and tools in languages like Bash and Python
- Technical and non-technical communication skills
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
Amwellâs Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations, and Network Engineering. We operate a state-of-the-art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Weâre a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwellâs Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinicâs second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/144201→