From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanityâs most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum’s performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we’re able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We’re looking for a talented and creative Designer to join our team. As a Designer, you’ll be diving headfirst into a fast-paced and dynamic environment where you’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and marketing, to develop visually stunning and functional designs that embody our brand and marketing objectives. Your creative genius will be crucial in helping to shape our brand and deliver innovative design solutions that fuel the success of our products and services.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Provide design support for marketing and branding initiatives, such as creating graphics and other visual assets.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and strategize design projects in alignment with upcoming campaigns and brand objectives.
- Own and manage multiple design projects end-to-end, from concept to final deliverables, with a keen eye for detail, craftsmanship, and effective time management to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality results
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and marketing, to understand project requirements and translate them into visually appealing and functional designs.
- Create and iterate on concepts, wireframes, and mockups to illustrate design concepts and solutions.
- Participate in design reviews, feedback sessions, and brainstorming sessions to foster a collaborative and creative environment.
- Develop and maintain design guidelines, style guides, and other design documentation to ensure consistency and quality across all design deliverables.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure seamless implementation of design solutions and provide support during the development process.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, tools, and technologies, and apply them to enhance the overall quality of our design work.
What skills do you bring?
- Comprehensive understanding of design principles, including illustration, layout, typography, color theory, and user experience (UX) design.
- Ability to work independently and self-sufficiently, taking ownership of design projects and driving them from concept to final deliverables.
- Passion for and deep understanding of the web3 space, including blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, and decentralized applications (dApps).
- Familiarity with web3 design principles, including user-centric design, accessibility, and usability considerations.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD), (Cinema 4D is a bonus).
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, incorporating feedback and iterating on designs as needed.
What you’ll like about us:
- We take care of our employeesâfrom fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we’ve got you coveredâlearn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of buildersâour founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and weâre eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. Weâre committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/245693→