BitMEX is the worldâs leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
As a member of the Platform Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing and supporting the infrastructure which drives our platform. The reliability and scalability of our technology is key to our success and this position will work with our development and security teams to help design highly available and fault tolerant systems.
- Manage and support our AWS cloud infrastructure, EC2 instances and physical servers
- Development and management of IaC to ensure consistency of our infrastructure
- Ensuring security hardening of our OS builds and configurations
- Manage and maintain config management tooling to ensure consistency
- Manage Key Management infrastructure
- Integration of our stack with Kubernetes
- Ensure SRE best practices for design and operation of the stack
- Design, implement and test disaster recovery capabilities to ensure our business can continue to operate in the event of a technology failure
- Participate in an on-call rota for escalations
- Strong practical AWS knowledge
- Minimum 6 years SRE / DevOps experience supporting and managing Linux based infrastructure
- Working knowledge of key management systems
- Computer science or engineering degree preferred – strong understanding of fundamental Computer Science principles is required
- Comfortable with at least one scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Bash
- Able to work under minimal supervision to identify problem areas requiring improvement and seeing a plan through to implementation
- Production experience of running Config Management systems (Chef, Ansible, Puppet etc)
- Experience working in Investment banking / finance related field (e.g. Equities, FX, Electronic Trading
- Experience with networking devices
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/143527→