Headquarters: Atlanta, Georgia
Come work as a WordPress Support Engineer working with some amazing people, where you’ll identify client needs alongside our SiteCare services manager, identify potential solutions, and carry out all client-facing communication for various project sizes.
SiteCare’s Client Success team helps businesses manage, maintain, safeguard, and improve their websites.
WordPress Support Engineer
We’re looking for an organized and detailed-oriented technician with 3+ years of WordPress Support Experience. It’s a remote working position, so you’ll have the flexibility to work from wherever there is a fast internet connection.
You’ll need to be available from 9:00am – 5:00pm Eastern Time.
You’re great working with clients, you like keeping information and data organised, you’re good at knowing what is important vs urgent and can manage project queues alongside a client services manager and development team.
Requirements and Duties:
Be the first responder for inbound client communication with the ability to identify what’s needed, set clear expectations with the client, and plan the work needed with the client services manager and development team.
- To provide a first-class service to our clients.
- Create quotes for work that’s needed and getting approval from clients for that work.
- Determine what exactly is needed to fulfill the needs of a client request.
- Communicate frequently and effectively through project management and help desk tools both internally and with clients. We use Front, Slack, and ClickUp.
- Ask smart questions to get to the root of the challenge of work that’s needed for the client.
- Post status updates from clients to our internal team
- Communicate findings and project progress from our development team back to clients
- Present information in both directions in the most accurate and clear way possible.
- Be as concise as possible without leaving out important details.
- Leverage screen capture and video capture tools to more effectively and clearly communicate specific issues a client may be facing, or to more clearly show our development team the work to be completed.
- Uses best practices for performing all tasks related to client communication and services.
- Coordinate multiple ongoing maintenance and development tasks with budgets between $150 to $5K, or more.
Some common skills that will help you excel in this role:
- The ability to differentiate between urgent and important.
- Expert written communication skills.
- Ability to speak with clients on the phone or via Zoom.
- Experience migrating WordPress websites from one web host to another, including complex membership and eCommerce websites.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing issues related to SSL, WordPress configuration, plugins, themes, and related updates.
- Experience with SFTP, SSH, WP-CLI, Buddy, and Git.
- Have familiarity with the WordPress web hosting landscape.
- Have a clear understanding of DNS and domain configuration.
- Experience with WordPress page builders such as Gutenberg, Elementor, Divi, and Visual Bakery.
- Experience with Git, Learning Management plugins, eCommerce plugins, and Membership plugins
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- You have strong communication skills. This means your grammar, spelling, tone of emails and verbal communication skills are excellent.
- You have no problem picking up the phone and calling a client to get to the bottom of a problem when the need arises.
- You’re highly organized and always looking for productivity shortcuts within Hubspot, ClickUp, and Front.
- You can break complex problems into task-level items.
- You can recognise patterns and can identify gaps in processes, including ways to improve current workflows.
- You thrive on best-in-class customer support and you’re continually anticipating upcoming client requests or needs of the team.
- You can work your way through problem resolution and website troubleshooting.
- You look for opportunities to take on increased responsibilities at the company.
Benefits of working at SiteCare
- A market-related salary based on your experience
- We’re a fully remote team with team members located in the US and South Africa.
- Work from wherever you have access to a fast internet connection.
- Quarterly profit distributions
- Quarterly personal development stipend of $200
- A technology stipend of $2000 for all new hires and a $2000 refresher stipend every 2 years.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/sitecare-wordpress-support-engineer→