From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanityâs most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum’s performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we’re able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We are hiring a full stack engineer with deep smart contract expertise to support our freshly minted Developer Experience pod in enabling widespread access to the OP Stack. The person in this role will be responsible for leading the smart contract development associated with building developer tools.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work closely with Will, Annie, and Hamdi to build tools designed to provide industry-leading developer experience
- Act as the Solidity and smart contract expert within the Developer Experience pod, owning most of the smart contract development
- Collaborate with OP Labs Protocol, DevRel and Ecosystem engineering teams to ensure we are shipping pragmatic solutions
- Understand and solve for the needs of OP Stack infra and app-layer developers
What skills do you bring?
- We are open to varying levels of experience for this role, however, we will expect engineers to possess technical knowledge and operational efficiency typically found at senior+ levels
- Deep empathy for and familiarity with the blockchain developer
- Experience writing production-quality code in Solidity and Go
- Experience with smart contract tooling and testing (Hardhat, Foundry)
- Experience contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience building in crypto
Ongoing DevEx Pod Projects
- Improve Superchain bridging through upgrades to SDK
- Build libraries and open source coalitions to support account abstraction
- Gas estimations and cross-chain communication work
What you’ll like about us:
- We take care of our employeesâfrom fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we’ve got you coveredâlearn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of buildersâour founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and weâre eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. Weâre committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/242771→