Full time – contract
(Full Time – 100% Remote Work)
Time Zone: CET TO ET (EU to Eastern USA)
Language: English Fluency
This opportunity is in a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech startup.
We are looking for a software developer to join our Holochain core team.
What will you do:
The person best suited for this role will be able to engage directly with our open-source community and internal app devs to respond to issues and feedback, as well as the ability to dive deep into the code to solve problems and implement new features. You will know you are the person for the job if:
- You are able to effectively work on an established codebase.
- You are open and excited to interface with the community of developers to:
- Respond to Github issues
- Respond to bugs and implement fixes
- Receive and respond to feedback and requests from the community
- You can deep dive into potentially time-sensitive community/product issues, create reproductions as needed, and implement timely and correct iterative fixes
- Performance testing
- Correctness of implementation
- Ergonomics (DRY, maintainable, testable patterns)
- You can jump into our Continuous integration pipeline to make improvements, including our hand-crafted Nix environment
- You are proficient in documenting your own code and improving existing documentation as needed
- You are comfortable writing thorough tests for your code
- You are comfortable giving and receiving code reviews for your and your teammatesâ work
- You have an orientation to win as a team: You develop solutions independently and together with distributed teams, using modern software development and agile methodologies
- Experience working with and contributing to open-source projects is nice to have
- Excellent and direct communication is a must
- Willingness to learn new technologies is a must
- Experience C/C++/Go/Rust experience, or similar systems programming experience – 2 years
- Mastery of CI frameworks and tools, including Travis, Docker
- A basic high-level understanding of Holochain is a nice to have â bonus points for direct experience working with Holochain
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Startup experience – 4 years
Some details about what we offer:
- Market salary (National Currency)
- RewardsProgram (HoloFuel)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (remote/video)
- Occasional Team travel 1-2x per year
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holochain is our new open-source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost-effective, resource-efficient, and energy-efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Holo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/152677→