Who We Needâ¯& What Youâll Do
The iOS Mobile Developerâ¯has a passion for building world-class mobile products and strives to deliver the best experience for AccuWeather users. This role is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in developing our global mobile platformâ¯and the award-winning AccuWeather iOSâ¯and Androidâ¯apps.
Remote candidates are being considered for this opportunity.â¯â¯
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.comâ¯andâ¯mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Advise, collaborate, and provide input to ensure the technical feasibility of the productâ¯roadmapC
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to create elegant and intuitive experience forâ¯users
- Be a technical pillar for the team through collaboration and mentorship of otherâ¯engineers
- Promoteâ¯clean and structured codeâ¯by providingâ¯code review and feedback toâ¯otherâ¯team members
- Resolve defects, support testing efforts and deploy productionâ¯code
- Optimize application for maximum speed andâ¯scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for futureâ¯use
- Evaluate new and existing frameworks, technology, platforms, andâ¯tooling
- Other duties asâ¯assignedâ¯
- Minimum of 4 yearsâ¯of experienceâ¯withâ¯developing iOS applications.
- Minimum of 1 high quality applications in the Apple Storeâ¯or Google Play Storeâ¯
- Knowledge of Swift and/or Kotlin, Apple and/or Android frameworksâ¯
- Experience withâ¯location technologies (maps SDK,â¯Mapboxâ¯orâ¯GIS) is aâ¯plus
- Experience working with source control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and developâ¯products
- Knowledge ofâ¯OpenGLâ¯is a plus
- Must be willing to occasionally travel to AccuWeatherâs offices in New York City, Montreal and State College, Pennsylvaniaâ¯
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeatherâ¯MinuteCastÂ® Minute by Minuteâ¢ forecasts with Superior Accuracy â¢, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeelÂ® Temperature, andâ¯AccuWeather RealImpactâ¢ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the âfather of modern commercial meteorology.â Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named âthe most accurate man in weatherâ byâ¯The New York Timesâ¯and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history byâ¯Entrepreneurâs Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law posterâ¯hereâ¯and its supplementâ¯here. The pay transparency policy is availableâ¯here.â¯
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail toâ¯[email protected]â¯and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.â¯
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/121294→